The Operations Manager position provides support to home delivery services for a designated market region. Position is responsible for managing daily operations of motor carriers. In addition, Operations Manager maintains positive and ongoing relationship with external customer and is responsible for generating positive customer satisfaction. |
- Manage contracted driver scheduling, and maintain positive relationship with motor carriers.
- Identify problem areas and offer solutions to improve operational efficiencies of designated market.
- Oversee timely and accurate contractor settlements.
- Resolve property and merchandise claims quickly and fairly for all parties involved.
- Recruitment and retention of motor carriers
- Tracking and administration of any incentive programs to create excitement.
- Act as liaison between client, motor carriers, customers and 3PD.
- Operate the business within budget guidelines. P&L Responsibility.
- 4 Year degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent written/ verbal communication skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible schedule.
- Computer proficiency
- 2 years logistics management experience.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and problem solving ability
- Knowledge of DOT regulations a plus.
- Previous P&L experience
- Previous supervisory experience
3PD, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All candidates are subject to a background and drug screening
Bck ~ Operations backgroud,Edu ~ Bachelors degree
CareerBuilder - 2 years ago