Under the direction of the Manager - Dock Operations or Senior Manager - Hub, the Operations Manager Part-time is responsible for overseeing and supervising the day-to-day operation of the hub to provide the best possible service to the customers through timely and safe movement of parcels throughout our system, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Monitor the performance of the dock employees in the Operations Manager PT’s designated area.
- Conduct presort meetings to communicate values, strategies, and objectives, and assign accountabilities; plan, monitor, and appraise job results; develop a climate for offering information and opinions.
- Address equipment malfunctions and/or immediately notify major and potential problems to the Maintenance Department.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations, and the maintenance of departmental housekeeping standards.
- Motivate employees to maximize productivity and potential through reward & recognition programs.
- Update and maintain accurate dock status reports.
- Ensure the completion of all required paperwork, records, and documents such as inventories, maintenance reports, and quality checks.
- Ensure trailer space is maximized without damaging packages through load quality checks.
- Assess and define assigned hub employee training needs and participate in on-the-job and new hire training. Provide educational opportunities to employees.
- When required, participate in daily/weekly/monthly site staff meetings, corporate planning meetings and conference calls. Attend meetings, development training, and conference calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Pursuing BA degree in job related field preferred.
1+ years experience in transportation or dock operations preferred.
Required Skills - Abilities and/or Licensure:
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratios and percent.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to organize, motivate, and lead employees.
- Basic computer skills and ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to proficiently communicate verbally and in writing using the English language.
FedEx SmartPost - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
FedEx Corporation (FedEx)provides a portfolio of transportation, e-commerce and business services through companies that compete...