The Operations Manager has complete responsibility for inbound operations, outbound operations or a functional process responsibility within the fulfillment center on a specified shift or across multiple shifts.
• Lead and supervise a team of Area Managers (2-5 front-line supervisors depending on location) and 100-300 hourly associates in outbound or inbound operations within the Fulfillment Center.
• Responsible for the overall safety, quality and performance and customer experience of the shift.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and procedures.
• Accountability for meeting and exceeding operational goals.
• Strategic planning and forecasting; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; resolve problems; and address staffing needs.
• Mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning
• Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network.
Additional Job Elements:
- Lift and move totes up to 49 pounds each
- Regular bending, lifting, stretching and reaching both below the waist and above the head
- Walking in the FC and around area with great frequency; facilities are over a quarter mile in length;
- Continual standing and/or walking an average of 5 miles daily
- Ability to work in construction /distribution environments that may be noisy, unlit, unheated, not air-conditioned
- Able to access all areas of building (ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways safely and without limitation)
This position requires a candidate with the proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with our explosive growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely deadline-driven environment.
• A completed Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or 2+ years Amazon experience
• Direct management experience for a salaried employee population and its performance
• Experience with performance metrics, process improvement, and Lean techniques(how, when, who)
• Candidates must be flexible to work weekends and/or overnight shifts regularly
• Degree in Engineering, Operations or related field and MBA preferred
• Experience with a contingent workforce during peak seasons
• Ability to handle changing priorities and use good judgment in stressful situations
• 5+ years management experience in a manufacturing, production or distribution environment
• Interest in long-term career development through assignments in multiple FCs across the nation.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), restricted stock units, growth potential and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Amazon.com - 15 months ago
Amazon.com is an American international multibillion dollar electronic commerce company with headquarters in Seattle, Washington, United...