The Manager is responsible for all Manufacturing, Purchasing, Inventory and Distribution operations as well as Manufacturing support. Initiatives would be to plan, direct and coordinate all production activities, shipping and inventory, as well as sourcing purchased product (both domestic and international), to achieve best practice while developing efficient and economic operations with high quality and on time delivery requirements. Planning of resources from multi plant operations to maximize assets, reduce overhead, control inventory and simplify customer interface will be a key directive of the position.
- Develop detailed long range plans for operations to maximize utilization of resources. Include timeline, estimate costs, product inventory transition supply, outsourcing support, contingency plans, production transition, human resources planning and support.
- Successfully oversee implementation of an MRP/ERP system to support operation. Solid inventory management, order management and invoicing processes are critical to the position.
- Supervise and coordinate plant operations, including production, budgeting, P & L responsibilities, inventory management, shipping and receiving.
- Oversee the planning, ordering and scheduling of all inventories to meet customer demand.
- Determine the work force requirements, direct operations through subordinate supervisors and/or working lead employees.
- Follow progress of operations, ordering, shipments and inventory. Anticipate and/or investigates causes of delays, and ensure that corrective action is taken.
- Maintain a continuous review of schedules, methods, standards or other operational factors and make effective recommendations for changes to improve quality and reduce costs.
- Implements lean manufacturing principles in production operations, inventory, shipping/receiving and order process.
- Indentify and corrects problems with attainment of goals and/or to facilitate solutions when/where possible to ensure attainment of goals and objectives on a day-to-day basis.
- Plan and monitor long range operational schedules to meet and/or support company sales objectives, and to enable related functions of the company (Human Resources, Purchasing, Accounting, Logistics etc.) to have the information necessary to support the operation and sales effort.
- Participate in the selection, training and development of all employees to include the evaluation of individual effort(s) in the attainment of company goals.
- Participate in and foster sound/good employee/management relations throughout the operations.
- Plan, direct and monitor the maintenance programs in effect for facility, machines and equipment used in the operations.
- Work with subordinates and/or related personnel in the development, identification and accomplishment of their assigned goals and objectives.
- Work with and coordinate all operations, purchasing, logistics projects and programs designed to support the achievement of company goals and objectives.
- Administer company policies, work rules, and disciplinary action, in cooperation with Human Resources and recommend any change of status and/or wage adjustment. (Non-Exempt and Exempt)
- Work with sales and marketing on new product development and order processing methods (i.e. E-Commerce)
- Support sales in the managed reduction of skus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Strong leadership skills, independent thinking, strong organizational and planning abilities and excellent analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
Ability to read, create, analyze and interpret technical documents, professional journals to be in compliance with all governmental regulations.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers and employees.
Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint and Project.
Ability to apply mathematical operations including frequency distribution and inventory analysis.
Experience in using logistics and supply chain modeling tools would be beneficial.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to breakdown complex assignments into workplace projects and well-defined tasks.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor degree required with 5+ years practical experience in managerial related position. Prior experience in the printed paper products industry is a plus.
Walking, standing, sitting, listening and talking on a wide variety and continual basis.
Movement generally throughout the Plant areas required on a continual basis.
Ability to travel as much as 50% of the work schedule to alternate locations.
Domestic and international travel is required.