Centerplate is the food and beverage services partner for The Bridgeport Bluefish in Bridgeport, Connecticut.
The Operations Manager often serves as a right hand to the General Manager. As a visible and key member of the unit-level Leadership Team, they will exemplify and display unquestionable ethical conduct in both business and personal dealings, as they are responsible to model Centerplates vision and values, ensuring in all ways for the customer, employees, the industry and the local community that Centerplate is held in the highest regard.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing and maximizing the productivity of the operations and administrative staff and is accountable for directing and coordinating the resources, tasks, requirements and processes related to the units day-to-day operating budget. They will provide support and hands-on assistance to plan, prepare, oversee, report and reconcile the units on-going business activities to ensure its commercial success.
The Operations Manager will contribute to Centerplates goal to be #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through the performance of activities geared toward the creation of an energized and positive work environment for all venue staff. Working in close partnership with the units various divisions and key department heads, the Operations Manager will create, lead and execute food and beverage experiences that exceed guest expectations and maximize revenue while controlling expenses.
Centerplate and our partner venues have been defining extraordinary experiences through thoughtful hospitality, expertly delivered, for more than 80 years at gathering places across North America and the United Kingdom
As the pioneer and leader in live event hospitality, we are committed to making the time that people spend together more rewarding and more valuable. Making it better to be there since 1929.
- Assist the General Manager with selection, costing and pricing of menu items.
- Perform cycle counts and implement control procedures to ensure accuracy and integrity of inventory for all items and supplies.
- Oversee the production, preparation, retrieval and service and sale of food and refreshments.
- Directly supervise concessions employees; Execute responsibilities for hiring, training, scheduling, performance coaching, discipline, assessment and initiating pay increases.
- Continually monitor operations to ensure optimal merchandise quality and service.
- Drive guest satisfaction and maintain effective client relationships through continuous walk-thrus of all concessions areas.
- Follow established procedures for cash management and accounting; Ensure retention and documentation of receipts, payments and financial reports.
- Implement best practices for cost control in all operational areas and perform accurate sales and labor forecasting to optimize financial performance.
- Ensure compliance with OSHA, sanitation, food safety and general workplace safety standards across all areas.
- Minimize legal liability and ensure compliance with all regulations of the Alcohol Beverage Authority.
- Manage the financial performance of the department through development, analysis and implementation of sales plans and forecasts to minimize variances.
- Provide hands-on leadership, coaching and direction to Supervisors regarding their responsibilities for operations, cash handling, merchandising, customer service, product presentation, quality and cost control.
- Assess opportunities and create action plans to improve service, quality and profitability of retail concessions outlets.
- Seek out customer feedback and respond to customer needs to improve retail services; Intervene in instances of guest dissatisfaction.
- Liaise with other departments, maintain visible presence and be available to assist with all unit needs.
- Participate in special projects related to the development and implementation of regional and organizational business strategies.
- Contribute to the goal of making Centerplate #1 in Event Hospitality and the #1 Employer of Choice through personal commitment and leading by example.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and responsibilities as required from time to time.
Hcareers.com - 6 months ago