About Democracy Prep:
Democracy Prep Public Schools is a growing network of free, open-enrollment, high-performing
public charter schools committed to preparing students for success in college and active citizenship. Democracy Prep’s DREAM Team of teachers and staff currently educates over 2,000 scholars in grades K-12. A pioneer in authentic civic education and charter school turnaround, Democracy Prep achieves remarkable academic growth for all students, especially those with special needs. By proving that all students, regardless of where they are born or their initial academic performance, can achieve at extremely high academic levels, Democracy Prep seeks to transform not only the lives of our students, but also raise the expectations for public schools across the nation and beyond.
The mission of Democracy Prep is to educate responsible citizen-scholars for success in the college of their choice and a life of active citizenship
Our ambitious and necessary mission requires tremendous individual and collective effort. The Democracy Prep DREAM Team of teachers, leaders, and staff represent the top 1% of all applicants and executes our mission everyday with a zeal that embraces our unofficial motto:
Change the World!
For more information about our schools, please visit us online at
About the position:
The Operations Manager will assist the Director of Operations in streamlining the daily functioning of all operations at one of our schools in New York.
- Provide dedicated operational support to school directors and campus-based operations personnel
- Provide assistance in maintaining accurate school-wide data and timely reporting to internal and external parties
- Plan logistics and curriculum for field trips
- Coordinate weekly Town Hall assemblies
- Manage the meaningful beautification of the school including (photographs, bulletin boards, etc.)
- Work with vendors to ensure the delivery of high quality school support services including transportation and food service
- Other duties as assigned by the school’s Campus Director and Director of Operations
Required Core Competencies include:
Educational Background and Work Experience:
- Understanding and belief in the Democracy Prep mission and core values.
- Outstanding organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Extreme flexibility, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate high level of responsibility and multiple priorities.
- Articulate, professional demeanor with strong self-confidence and initiative.
- Strong computer skills, including high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Two years related work experience
- Previous teaching experience or Master’s degree preferred
Democracy Prep staff members are provided with a competitive salary, as well as significant performance bonuses, a comprehensive benefits package (health, dental, vision, 403(b) plan, life insurance, disability, etc.) and a working environment that includes all the necessary technology and resources to succeed.
Most of all, join a DREAM Team of like-minded educators who work to achieve the same mission ensuring that our students work hard, go to college, and change the world!
Democracy Prep Public Schools - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard