Responsible for greeting customers and responding to service issues, tracking fleet and equipment inventory, preparing reports, optimizing operation efficiency through employee coaching and coordinating lot movement. Supervises Rental Sales Agents, Staff Assistants, Shuttlers, Bus Drivers and/or Service Agents.
1. Greet and engage customers, coordinate and direct lot movement, resolve congestion issues, and assist staff with the resolution of customer service issues, including rentals, check-in, vehicle inspection, service and transporting.
2. Supervise, coach, select, assign, schedule, train and evaluate subordinate personnel, recommend or initiate associated personnel actions, and respond to employee relations issues.
3. Track and log fleet and equipment inventory, review and compile reservation numbers for daily fleet and rental plans, rates, or associated black-outs.
4. Prepare and review various reports, including exception sheets, preventative maintenance, grounding lists, overdue/due-backs, commissions, and location performance reports and recommend or initiate associated actions.
5. Manage in-fleeting of new vehicles and turnback or sales of existing fleet vehicles, including lease termination documentation and the assignment of associated inspections and repairs.
6. Oversee fleet turnaround and distribution processes ensuring efficient utilization and vehicle maintenance records and quality; coordinate transportation of vehicles to and from ready lines, rental return area, maintenance garage, impound companies, auctions and body shops.
7. Develop, recommend and implement various procedures and efficiencies.
8. Ensure that lot and facilities meet image standards, arrange for upkeep and repairs.
• Customer Focus: seeks to maintain or enhance customer satisfaction
• Trustworthiness: maintains confidentiality in dealing with sensitive information about the company, customers and employees.
• Decision Making: identifies appropriate action in effectively resolving problems
• Productivity: routinely achieves established objectives; gets the job done.
• Knowledge of the car rental industry and operations, fleet, and personnel procedures.
• Communicates well and actively attends to what others are saying.
• Leadership: Coaches and motivates employees, and encourages collaboration through team-building.
• Proficiency in the use of car reservation software and personal computer programs, including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
• Associate's degree in Business or a related field. Bachelor's degree preferred.
• At least 2 to 3 years experience in the car rental industry or a related field.
• Valid driver's license as required by state.
What's in it for you!
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. Employee Benefit Plan provides a very comprehensive and industry-competitive health care benefit package to employees including medical, dental, vision, basic life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance, as well as short term and long term disability insurance.
The Plan also provides for a Health Flexible Spending Account and a Dependent Flexible Spending Account. In addition to the benefits described above, Dollar Thrifty also offers a 401(k) Retirement Savings Program that includes an employer match.
The Dollar Thrifty Employee Benefit Plan allows you the flexibility to elect benefits that best fit your individual and family needs.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, disability, medical condition or marital status or other protected status.
Thank you for your interest in Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. We appreciate your visit to our Career Site. If you have interest and would like to be considered for any of our career opportunities, please apply on-line.
Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group, Inc. - 2 years ago
Thrifty drivers looking to get the most for a buck might try Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group (DTG), which rents cars under the Dollar Rent A...