This position is accountable for the overall leadership and operation of the LaGrange, NC manufacturing facility in the most efficient and profitable fashion consistent with Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Business goals. This includes defining strategy and execution of the LaGrange operations by leading and driving all initiatives and operations in relation to Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost/Productivity and Inventory for the plant.
Responsible for the manufacture of products worth up to $27 million in sales value.
Exempt: up to 10
Non-Exempt up to 12
Hourly up to 120
1. Develop and drive accountability for the long-range manufacturing plan for the factory and supporting operations
2. Assist in the development of Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Business’s long-range manufacturing plans; insure that the LaGrange facility adheres to the plan, reacting to short-range changes when needed
3. Insure that products manufactured meet quality specifications
4. Maintain effective cost control
5. Insure that product demands are produced and delivered on a timely basis
6. Based on sales forecasts, define & manage appropriate materials inventory levels in order to provide control over investment
7. Inform Crouse-Hinds management of any significant occurrences at the LaGrange facility
8. Manage the initial stages with Governmental agencies involved with labor, safety and environmental regulations
9. Drive ownership and maintenance of effective housekeeping and safety programs; Promote a Zero Incident culture at the LaGrange facility
10. Insure that product demands are produced on a timely basis
11. Insure that continuing policies governing employee conduct are administered in an appropriate manner
12. Plan and staff the organization necessary to carry out the manufacturing demands and maintain the quality through manpower development and recruitment.
The incumbent reports to the Director of Operations, Americas. Objectives are met through delegating authority, in part to key team member managers, efficiently utilizing plant facilities and functionally or administratively utilizing the team members physically located at the plant.
Must have broad knowledge of manufacturing processes and the technology of electrical products with emphasis on machinery and equipment used in the manufacture of same. General understanding of budgetary and cost controls and labor relations applicable to the manufacturing process.
Must be committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for team members.
The position requires human resources know-how in areas of motivation and communication along with management techniques of planning, organizing, leading and controlling and the ability to apply such knowledge. The incumbent must also have knowledge of purchasing, production planning, customer satisfaction, inventory management, strategic planning and quality assurance.
The Operations Manager is responsible to assure compliance to Federal, State and local legislation and regulations. Compliance is achieved and maintained through appointed on-site environmental and safety personnel, the establishment of a policy, and with effective and timely follow-up, review and decision making. Through this responsibility, we are able to ensure adequate environmental and safety controls concerning regulatory agencies and Eaton to eliminate those hazards that create risk to our employees and to the property as well as the local community.
The incumbent must obtain satisfactory and timely solutions to the major problems experienced in achieving budgeted sales volume and profit, balancing customer service demands against costs; and building a team of innovative people who can devise and employ the most effective methods or meet changing market requirements.
Carries out supervisory and leadership responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; evaluating performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Develop and install clerical and office procedures and practices; and studies workflow, sequence of operations and office arrangement to determine best customer satisfaction methods.
• Bachelors Degree from an accredited institution is required.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
• Minimum of 2 years of operations or engineering supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
• Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
• Master's Degree from an accredited institution.
• Basic technical knowledge of the Electrical Products industry.
Eaton - 10 months ago
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...