Provides technical management of fleet maintenance and support activities including planning, staffing, monitoring, and analyzing maintenance requirements, schedules, and contract compliance. Directs and supervises the shop floor and is responsible for overall work performance. Ensures employees observe work rules and safety practices.
1) Oversees the daily functions of the maintenance personnel at one or more project sites ensuring the most effective allocation of resources.
2) Performs maintenance management functions as directed by contract language, adhering to all contract schedules.
3) Ensures proper information flow of work order data to the administrative section.
4) Works directly with fleet management to respond to maintenance requirements.
5) Prepares spreadsheets, special reports and summaries for the General Manager, Fleet Manager and the customer.
6) Serves as a resource for subordinate personnel.
7) Serves as the General Manager’s replacement in his/her absence.
8) The above duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to define minimum activities. These duties may be altered to suit the needs of the company as needed.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
High school diploma or equivalent.
4 year degree in business or related field preferred.
Experience & Skills Required:
4 years management or supervisory experience.
Must have evidence of building solid relationships with superiors, peers, and subordinates.
Excellent communication skills are required.
Bringing demonstrated abilities to build and continuously motivate highly effective teams is also important.
Must be computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions :
Incumbent must be able to move about the office and between floors; utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by telephone.
FirstGroup - 21 months ago
First Vehicle Services is the largest public sector provider of vehicle maintenance and ancillary support services in the US. We provide...