Highly successful Crude Hauling trucking company is seeking an Operations Manager for their North Dakota and Wyoming operation. Candidate will be responsible for managing the functions of the crude hauling operation by planning, organizing, directing, controlling field operations, as well as the financial management of the North Dakota and Wyoming yards.
- Provide crude hauling and project management expertise to staff.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring and counseling employees.
- Responsible for supervising Dispatch Coordinators, Dispatchers, Supervisors, Shop Managers, Accounting and Administrative staff.
- Responsible for all activities associated with day-to-day area operations and maintenance of crude hauling.
- Oversee work plan, schedule, budget and communicate to yard staff.
- Monitors and oversee job/site for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Monitor reports and schedules to ensure appropriate charging of work hours, costs and expenses.
- Communicate jobsite progress and status to senior management.
- Establishes and maintains job/site files on the Dashboard and other systems.
- Daily review of labor, overtime, non-billable time, fuel, shop, third party and other material reports for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Company regulations including DOT, OCC, OSHA, etc.
- Contribute to cost estimates and planning of projects.
- Ensure quality, client relations/satisfaction, financial performance, and profitability is built and maintained within the crude Hauling business unit.
- Ensure that all employees are trained properly in all safety procedures, OHSA standards and company policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years supervising fleet of drivers; dispatch operations, supervisors and administrative staff; preferably in the oil and gas industry and/or preferably in Hazmat environment.
- Must possess strong skills in troubleshooting, problem solving, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and be eligible to drive a company vehicle according to company’s insurance guidelines.
- Proficiency with MS Office and mobile devices.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment or independently as the workload requires.
- Must have a well-rounded maintenance/operational background and strong technical skills.
- Must have the ability to lead field personnel.
- CDL driving experience with Tanker and Hazmat Endorsement a plus.
Indeed - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard