We love automation. We design and build innovative robotic systems and laboratory devices used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies and academic research laboratories. HighRes Biosolutions helps scientists accelerate drug discovery, high throughput genotyping, siRNA screening, next-generation sequencing sample prep, biorepository science and molecular diagnostics with highly flexible, expandable and modular integrated systems, bench-top devices and consumables that are easily configured (and reconfigured) to create research environments conducive to achieving breakthrough results. |
The Operations Manager plans, directs, coordinates and leads various functional groups to meet existing and future order requirements while achieving goals for on-time delivery, customer satisfaction, quality, and cost. This position will manage the manufacturing direct labor, as well as the supply chain, manufacturing engineering, processes
" procedures and quality functions. **** Simply put, we°re looking for professional to add value to our existing team. A very hands on Manager that has quotbeen there " done thatquot with a small to mid-sized Manufacturing/Engineering Company. A Super Star with exceptional people skills to implement processes and procedures as well as handle all aspects of the Supply Chain to include vendor selection. Last, but not least, we require someone with experience in the selection, implementation and roll out of an ERP system. If you have this experience in your background, we want to talk with you! ****
• Utilize resources to meet production schedules, provide installation and field support, and engineering prototype assistance as needed.
• In conjunction with Sales develop customer delivery schedules, then monitor and report progress, and meet delivery dates for all customer orders.
• Responsible for the interviewing, hiring, and training; planning, assigning, and directing tasks; rewarding, disciplining and resolving conflicts of both hourly and salaried professionals.
• Lead the effort to improve manufacturing layout, create workflows, routings, and assembly documentation.
• Responsible for the overall level and makeup of inventory and its control (both physical and fiscal).
• Develop and manage the Field Support group. Mange, dispatch, train personnel on all products, provides backup support from operations group as required.
• Lead ongoing continuous improvement of operations to optimize quality, cost, and production.
• Work with Engineering to improve products currently manufactured. Review, sign-off, and implement all ECN/ECOs
• Represent manufacturing functions with new product development. Ensure manufacturability and cost efficiency of new products and a smooth transition from prototype to production.
• Establish material requirements and execute against that plan to achieve cost, quality, and delivery targets.
• Implement ERP modules for operations group.
• Manage the purchasing, inventory control, and shipping/receiving functions.
• Develop and implement manufacturing strategy and growth plans for the company.
• Coordinates vendor searches, selection and development of new suppliers, ongoing management of existing suppliers.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• Bachelor ’s degree in manufacturing, engineering, or operations required.
• 7-10 years manufacturing experience with at least 4 years of manufacturing leadership experience preferred.
• Demonstrated successful experience in leading and managing individuals and teams.
• Electromechancial assembly and large capital equipment experience preferred.
• Hands on management style.
• Experience with ERP systems and proficiency in MS Office applications. • Small company or small division experience preferred.
• New Product Introduction experience
• Small company or small division experience preferred.