Oversee all business and operational aspects of a designated production area.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITES
- Manage and supervise the work activities of associates in the designated production area on multiple shifts.
- Work with appropriate departments to ensure all supervisory staff and associates acquire proper training.
- Able to shift priorities to adjust to changing business demands.
- Communicate and interface in a professional manner with internal departments, outside vendors, and clients.
- Follow and enforce all Company policies and procedures in the designated production area.
- Ensure compliance to Federal and State regulations.
- Provide a safe, secure work environment in the designated production area.
- Monitor, report, and work to prevent losses in the facility.
- Approve time worked and performance reviews for all associates in the designated production area.
- Project staffing needs and participate in the interviewing and hiring process.
- Assure responsiveness to subordinate associates’ needs.
- Ensure facility compliance of corrective action procedures.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of all SOP’s pertaining to facility and operations.
- Conduct regular scheduled staff meetings with associates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of computer software programs, such as Excel and Word in a Windows environment as well as prior experience with some form of warehouse automation or management software.
- Experience operating a warehouse management system in a high speed operation.
- Ability to professionally interface with clients and vendors on accounts in excess of $50,000 in revenue.
- Ability to manage and oversee multiple shifts of 50-60 associates.
- Ability to package, label, load/unload Hazardous Materials and Hazardous Waste, sign Hazardous Waste manifests, and serve the facility as an Emergency Coordinator.
- Ability to perform the functions of a hazardous waste generator, including but not limited to, identification, sorting, packaging, segregating, labeling hazardous waste generated from daily operational activities. Also, must be able to adequately perform and document periodic regulatory inspections of the facility, including but not limited to, sanitation inspections and hazardous waste storage area inspections.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The position requires the ability to work under time pressure.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the major job responsibilities (essential functions) of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the major job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is:
Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands or arms.
Regularly required to talk or hear and read instructions on a computer monitor and/or printed on paper.
Occasionally required to stand, kneel or stoop, and lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Regularly required to view items at an extremely close range and must be able to adjust and readjust focus.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Management, Accounting, or Finance; or High School diploma or its equivalent with three (3) years managerial and supervisory experience in the grocery, logistics, or warehouse industry; or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to fulfill the job responsibilities.
Inmar - 9 months ago