Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain a positive and energetic work environment where customer satisfaction is demonstrated hourly at all levels of the organization.
• Build and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of the client's leadership team from Focus Factory Managers to the General Manager.
• Develop and recruit an optimal team to achieve the client's performance goals in a reliable and dependable manner.
• Manage the financial reporting tools available while achieving corporate financial goals for the site.
• Demonstrate a high degree of financial acumen and manage the business "to" the numbers not "by" the numbers.
• Train and mentor on-site Performance Supervisors and Leads on various job aspects including leadership, administrative and operational excellence.
• Drive lower costs and higher performance using LEAN methodologies.
• Continuously analyze the site's financial and operational performance to monitor results and improve outcomes. Compare real time data to historical results/standards and act decisively to positively impact these results for maximum performance.
• Responsible for performance evaluations, compensation recommendations, training, motivation, performance counseling, discipline, and termination of assigned employees.
• Exerts management control over all aspects of site compliance.
• Drives adherence to process controls and creates documentation of all procedures and forms.
• Assist with re-engineering work cell layout to maximize efficiencies. Assist with the development of quality and production monitoring tools. Assist in the validation of proposed "piece pay" plan based on individual performance and quality utilizing the established engineering standards and goals with the preferred process.
• Understand and interpret basic statistical tools such as Pareto Charts and Histograms to identify areas of improvement.
• Quickly and effectively react to customer requests and changes in a fluid and positive manner.
• Monitor individual and group productivity and quality.
• Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to a performance based production to maximize productivity while maintaining quality according to established standards.
• Provide attention to detail in all matters.
• Provided detailed and clear feedback to the client.
• Oversee supervisory responsibilities including orientations, training, discipline, directing work, assessing work performance, coaching, developing key associates and motivating all team members
• Regularly review site specific policies, procedures, safety documents, and training materials and revise as necessary.
• Make prompt management decisions on personnel issues and employee relationship matters under the guidance of corporate human resources support.
• Ensure all production data is gathered and reported accurately on a daily basis.
• Monitor attendance, safety, productivity, and quality of Performance Associates.
• Report and investigate all workplace injuries in compliance with client and company policy.
• Manage new hire orientations and hire-no-hire decisions. Review regularly and revise as necessary.
• Thoroughly troubleshoot client management concerns.
• Be a primary communication contact with Performance Associates, Client, and Insource Leadership team.
• Manage weekly payroll for Performance Associates and leadership team.
• Comply with all company standard practices and operating procedures.
• Assure adequate and visible on-floor presence.
Education and Experience:
• 5-10 years proven managerial experience in Assembly, Manufacturing or Distribution environment.
• College degree is required, preferably with a focus on business or industrial engineering or proven manufacturing management experience.
• Strong ability to communicate in English both written and verbal. Bilingual (Spanish & English) skills preferred.
• Business management skills including financial budgeting, P&L control, payroll management and invoicing.
• Excellent planning, organization, and analytic skills coupled with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong multitasking and time management skills.
• Comfortable working and communicating in a 3PL environment with high performance expectations.
• Strong computer experience using spreadsheet, word processing, and presentation software.
• Self disciplined individual with a strong work ethic.
• Decisive decision maker and self starter.
• Ability to identify problems and offer real world resolutions within constrained timelines.
• Ability to hire and train new employees and develop a teamwork mentality within work cells.
• Abstract reasoning skills with flexibility in thinking and an ability to visualize complex and innovative solutions.
• Thoroughness and attention to detail with an ability to adhere to a timeline and commitments.
• Having a sense of urgency without overlooking critical details.
• Effective manager, mentor, and leader of supervisory level subordinates.
• Excellent ability to perceive a client's needs and issues.
• Sensitively to determine the what/who/how and to communicate possible alternatives to the client while maintaining contractual compliance.
• Strong "customer service" attitude.
The Operations Manager is our on-site Insource Performance Solutions leader in charge of success at an individual client site. They assume full responsibility for client relationships, financial results, and operational excellence. The Operations Manager position requires pro-active account management that is constantly developing and implementing long range strategic plans for their site while maintaining strict operational day-to-day control. He/she will direct and oversee production work, quality control, continuous improvement, leadership development, financial forecasting, financial accountability, and KPI compliance. With minimal supervision the Operations Manager will provide hands-on management of recruiting, orientations, training, coaching and development, labor scheduling, information systems, and performance reporting. This leader must be capable of leading and motivating performance associates, leads, and supervisors of a two-shift technical assembly operation. The Operations Manager must be comfortable leading a team of up to 200 associates. Additionally the Operations Manager is the driving force behind achieving stated performance standards, gross margin results, quality standards, safety practices, increasing account penetration and other business objectives. The promotion path for an Operations Manager would be elevation to a Business Manager role leading multiple accounts and/or locations.
Insource Performance Solutions - 17 months ago