Education and Experience:
• 10 years proven managerial experience in Assembly, Production, Manufacturing or Distribution environments. Planning, Scheduling and Forecasting.
• College degree is required, preferably with a focus on business or industrial engineering.
• Great communication skills both written and verbal are a MUST!
• Great customer service specifically managing customer relationships is a MUST!
• Knowledge of Six Sigma, and Lean production and quality methodologies.
• Excellent planning, organizational, and analytical skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
• Strong multitasking and time management skills. Comfortable working on several tasks simultaneously.
• Comfortable working and communicating with customer contacts, Insource supervisors, associates and management team.
• Strong computer experience using spreadsheet and word processing software.
• Experience processing payroll for hourly employees in an automated system.
• Self disciplined individual with strong work ethic. Self starter.
• Ability to identify problems and offer real world resolutions within constrained timelines.
• Ability to train new employees and develop team work within new work cells. Strong team player.
• Abstract reasoning, flexibility in thinking, and an ability to visualize complex and innovative ideas.
• Thoroughness and attention to details, with an ability to adhere to a timeline to ensure success.
• Having a sense of urgency, without overlooking critical details.
The Operations Manager acts as a liaison between the client and the staff who work at their location. The primary responsibility of the Operations Manager is to direct and oversee production work in their assigned location(s). The qualified candidate will direct and oversee production work and associated field services. Under minimal supervision, the Operations Manager will provide hands-on management of the recruiting, orientation, training, and the productivity of their associates. Additionally the Operations Manager is to be the driving force behind achieving the stated performance standards, gross margin, quality standards, safety standards and other objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain an excellent working relationship with all facets of the client.
• Experience with time studies, MTM, MOST and product costing or pricing.
• Assist in new work cell implementation start up; manage recruiting effort with corporate staff, ensure training and orientation documents adhere to company and client policies and procedures.
• Train and mentor on site Performance Supervisor on various job aspects including administrative and operational duties.
• Drive costs and performance using LEAN methodologies.
• Assist with re-engineering work cell layout to maximize efficiencies. Assist with the development of quality and production monitoring tools utilizing visual basic model. Assist in the validation of proposed "piece pay" plan based on individual performance and quality utilizing the established engineering standards and goals with the preferred process.
• Assist in the evaluation of current work methods and quality at client sites, using Six Sigma approach and tools to increase productivity and quality. Utilize basic statistical tools such as Pareto Charts, Histograms, to identify areas of possible improvements.
• Monitor and manage minute to minute operations. Monitor individual and group productivity and quality. Respond and react to customer requirements. Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to a performance based shift to maximize productivity while maintaining quality according to all site specific standards
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities including orientations; training, disciplining, directing work; assessing work performance, coaching, developing and motivating team members
• Regularly review site specific policies, procedures, safety documents, and training materials and revise as necessary.
• Make prompt management decisions on personnel and employee relation issues.
• Ensure all production data is gathered and reported correctly on a daily basis.
• Monitor attendance, safety, productivity, and quality of Performance Associates.
• Report and investigate all workplace injuries in compliance with company policy.
• Conduct new hire orientations - policies, procedures, safety, job shadowing and ensure its effective delivery. Review regularly and revise as necessary.
• Troubleshoot client management workforce concerns.
• Be primary communication contact with Performance Associates, client, and Insource management.
• Generate weekly payroll for performance associates at respective location.
• Comply and conform to company operating procedures manual.
• Assure adequate and visible on-floor presence.
Insource Performance Solutions - 2 years ago