- Company: LSO
- Base Pay: $40,000 /Year
- Other Pay: Bonus opportunity up to $12k with potential package of $52k
- Employee Type: Full-Time
- Industry: Transportation
- Manage Others: Yes
- Job Type: Transportation,Distribution - Shipping Management
- Required Education: 2 Year Degree
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience
We seek an experienced Operations Manager for one of our Houston, Texas stations to oversee a driver team. This position requires strong organizational skills and the ability to plan and control a high volume inbound and outbound priority package operation in a manner that provides maximum service to our customers while maintaining a safe, productive, and cost effective operation.
Principle duties include, but are not limited to: interviewing and selecting driver and data entry candidates, training and development of new employees, daily timecard / payroll entry, driver safety training, maintaining an acceptable level of safety, quality and productivity, employee performance evaluations including safety check rides, ensure scheduled pick-ups and deliveries are made in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy and completion of package data information, oversight of inbound/outbound package sorts to ensure package routing accuracy, scheduling, fleet vehicle maintenance as well as focusing on cost control measures, timely submittal of invoices, route work and / or line-hauls as needed.
- Experience in small to medium sized package delivery a plus.
- College degree - preferred; equivalent work experience may substitute.
- 2 year’s minimum related management or supervisory experience.
- Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, dispatching systems.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Willing to travel in support of other stations within the District.
Must be at least 21 yrs of age, valid TX Drivers License and clean driving record that would include:
- No more than one (1) moving violation for past three (3)years
- No (0) at-fault accidents for the past three (3) years
- No (0) DWI/DUI for the past seven (7) years
LSO has a zero-tolerance drug policy and conducts a thorough criminal background check.
Lone Star Overnight is an EOE and Drug-free Employer.