POSITION: Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: General Manager
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Operations Manager at the Canton Memorial Civic Center in Canton, OH. The Operations Manager is responsible for the daily activities required to run, maintain, and service the facility and/or the events by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Other duties may be assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned.
• Supervises, schedules, and directly participates in all aspects of venue operations, including facility engineering (HVAC, Electrical, and Plumbing), technical services, event set-up, public safety, security and custodial services.
• Supervises and directs the facility’s changeover and custodial staff
• Performs routine maintenance and repair tasks throughout the facility.
• Serves as the general technical expert for the building
• Serves as the liaison between the facility and maintenance service contractors
• Coordinates the operations activities with other building departments and contractors.
• Assures facility readiness and smooth operation of events.
• Helps to develop and implement facility rules, policies and procedures.
• Provide clear, concise, and timely communication to other departments.
• Assists in the preparation of the Annual Operating Budget and Capital Improvement Projects
• Assist with special projects such as construction, remodeling or major repair. Works with outside vendor/contractors to assure compliance with contracts and safety requirements.
• Anticipate problems and appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes and resolves operational problems and complaints.
• Orders and monitors operations consumable supply inventory
• Responsible for the master MSDS log in the building
• Serves as Manager on Duty as required.
• All other job duties/responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree from technical college with major in Management or Maintenance Engineering.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in Supervising or Managing in a similar facility. Additional experience may be substituted for education. Supervisory experience preferred.
• Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent organization skills
• Ability to prioritize and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills required; ability to interact with all levels of staff including management
• Ability to effectively supervise staff
• Strong customer service skills
• Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic
• Physical Demands:
• Must be able to climb up and down ladders & stairs
• Must be able to work for long shifts
• Ability to lift 30lbs. unassisted
• While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long hours and walk the facility regularly
• Other Qualifications:
Ability to work flexible hours in addition to normal business hours including: nights, weekends, and some holidays as necessary for events.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Blake Schilling, General Manager
Canton Memorial Civic Center, an SMG Managed Facility
1101 Market Avenue N.
Canton, OH 44702
Fax (330) 471-8840
*No phone calls please
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
SMG World - 17 months ago