Starry Night Retreat
(Truth or Consequences NM)
Starry Night Retreat seeks an Operations Manager to live on site and oversee daily operations related to the Artist In Residence program. The position administers all facets of the program including artist coordination, marketing, and social media management; as well as groundskeeping and property management. The position works independently and reports to the Founding Executive Director. Contract duration is six months with an option to renew.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ARTS ADMINISTRATION & ARTIST MANAGEMENT
- Interface with Founding Executive Director across all key areas of responsibility
- Manage day-to-day operations and administration of residency
- Act as a liaison and resource to Artists in Residence
- Facilitate Artists' experience and acclimate them to the property and community
- Transport Artists to and from airport as needed
- Document the program with photos and videos
MARKETING & SOCIAL MEDIA
- Assist in creating and maintaining a strong, positive public image for the program
- Act as online community manager by creating and updating content on website, Facebook, and Twitter
- Assist in creation of marketing materials and communications as needed
GROUNDSKEEPING & PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
- Maintain operation, control, and oversight of property
- Ensure proper maintenance of equipment and facilities
- Tend the grounds, both functionally and aesthetically, including weeding, watering and planting
- Make minor repairs and/or coordinate with contracted help as needed
- Ready and clean the studio and living quarters between Artists
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED SKILLS AND INTERESTS
- As an artist, writer, or researcher, maintain a personal practice on site
- Communications expertise with demonstrated ability to write for varied audiences in public relations capacity
- Ability to perform general building repair and maintenance on own
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience in Fine Art and/or Arts Administration
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office, Social Media, and Photoshop
- High attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Communicate well, with ability to act as liaison between Founding Executive Director, Artists, and the public
- Outstanding integrity
- Vehicle, auto insurance and valid drivers license
Applicants are subject to a criminal background check, credit check, and reference verification.
The Operations Manager is provided fully furnished lodging in private quarters on site at Starry Night and a stipend based on a percentage of funds raised.
The individual selected will gain an understanding of the inner workings of an Artist in Residence Program while working closely with emerging and established artists. The individual will be given the opportunity to work on their own artistic endeavors while living in the rural town of Truth or Consequences in Southern New Mexico.
Six months with an option to renew. The position is open until filled.
For consideration, please email current resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with Operations Manager in subject line.
ABOUT STARRY NIGHT
Located in the historic hot springs district of the rural, southern New Mexico town of Truth or Consequences, Starry Night Retreat is a place where artists, writers and researchers of all disciplines can find a quiet respite in which to pursue new work.
New York Foundation for the Arts - 2 years ago