LOCATION: CORPUS CHRISTI, TEXAS
# of Openings: 1
Total Safety, the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, is looking for an experienced Operations Manager, who will be, in summary, charged with managing all operational aspects of two or more lines of business which may include Industrial Breathing Air Services, Fire and Equipment Services, Electronics and Instrumentation Services, Oil Field H2S Technicians, Emergency Medical Services and Emergency Rescue Teams, Industrial Safety Equipment Rentals and Sales or large Specialized Safety Personnel (SSP) Projects, for their District Office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Revenue or budget managed:
Nature of Supervisory Responsibility :
- Conducts budget and financial data analysis.
- Prepares monthly revenue / expense analysis and projections.
- Develops monthly and annual budgets, including Labor Spending Budget for review and approval by higher levels.
- Approves spending per policy and signature authorization levels.
- Monitors and manages all budget elements to ensure cost effective operation and works with supervisors to quickly correct negative deviations.
- Investments decided upon / managed: Prepares specifications for equipment and supplies to ensure capability exists to meet organizational objectives.
- Manages capital and facility improvement plans.
- 1 Manager – In addition to supervisory duties, has impact on budgeting, controlling costs, planning, and scheduling & procedural change.
- Number of Direct Reports: 2 - 7
- Number Indirect Reports: 5 - 20
- Associates degree or higher in related field preferred; experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Progressive related experience in petrochemical and/or refinery operations or industrial safety equipment industry.
- Supervisory experience with an understanding of human relations, training, performance evaluation and health and safety.
- Experience with budget preparation and cost control.
- Must understand and effectively manage key financial issues that impact operations functions and the business.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and other data base software. Ability to quickly learn new software applications utilized by company.
- Ability to effectively interact with and develop and maintain strong rapport and credibility with senior management in company and client organizations.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization. Ability to speak Spanish, or other second language considered a plus.
- Ability to prepare accurate, effective, complete and easily understood written communications and reports.
- Effective communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and interpret technical procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Proficiency in the care and use of all site specific, facility and customer required Personal Protection Equipment (PPE). Trained in Respiratory Protection and fully certified to wear respiratory breathing equipment (Fit Tested) as required.
- Demonstrates leadership and the ability to coordinate resources to achieve maximum profitability, efficiency and utilization.
- Must demonstrate commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, an unwavering commitment to safety and health and other company policies and procedures. Must possess high ethical standards demonstrated by their approach to business.
- Demonstrates objective listening on a consistent basis and creates and maintains an environment that encourages open communication. Promotes respect within and outside the work group, teaches and encourages collaborative problem solving and effective working relationships. Maintains appropriate confidences.
- Coaches and counsels assigned staff to adhere to values, policies and standards and to improve safety, quality and process reliability in a cost effective manner.
- Constant contact with customers, operations, sales and other internal TS staff to furnish and obtain information and resolve issues. Must be responsive and at times persuasive with internal and external contacts.
- Combination of office and field and shop environments. Some exposure to wet and/or humid conditions, outside and extreme weather conditions, moving mechanical parts and high elevations.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to travel to various customers sites as needed.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Salary is commensurate with experience;
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision insurance coverage on a cost-sharing basis;
- Basic group term life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance;
- Voluntary program of additional group term life insurance (and AD&D) is also available;
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching;
- Generous vacation plan, holiday schedule and sick-time benefit plan.
Apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center. ( www.totalsafety.com ) Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents.
UNSOLICITED RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED