We are currently seeking an Operations Manager to be responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day operations. The successful candidate must have 10 years’ experience as a Manager in Industrial Services, including: Tank Cleaning, Emergency Response, Hydro-Blasting and Vac Truck.
• Manages staff including hiring, terminations, performance management, and staff training and development in accordance with the company’s HR policies, practices, and procedures.
• Resolves client’s needs by determining the overall method of approach in accordance with the company’s policies, practices, and procedures.
• Manages activities associated with the establishment of production schedules and ensures that production requirements are met.
• Manages and coordinates promotion of services performed to develop new markets, increase share of market, and obtain competitive position in industry.
• Coordinates material, equipment and activities of workers engaged in industrial, oil field, or environmental operations processes and assignments.
• Evaluates performance records of the areas of operational responsibilities to ensure that financial budget goals and objectives are met.
• Prepares bids, estimates and statements of qualifications.
• Participates in new and continuing client sales contacts.
• Requests equipment, materials, and supplies within limits of the locations budget.
• Enforces compliance with administrative policies, procedures, safety rules, and governmental regulations.
• May negotiate contracts with equipment and materials suppliers.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
DEMONSTRATED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Working and technical knowledge of assigned service lines
• Effective supervisory skills including leadership and motivation
• Ability to perform mathematical calculations; manage a budget
• Ability to analyze information from multiple sources and draw conclusions and make appropriate recommendations
• Well developed interpersonal skills
• Change management abilities
• Well developed organizational and time management skills
• Ability to maintain a high level of tact and professionalism
• Ability to use multiple systems and software while performing multiple transactions
• Ability to work under pressure
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Knowledge of CCMTA and CCOHS regulations
Veolia Environmental Services - 2 years ago