The Operations Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to implementing quality concepts
throughout the operational processes to make continuous improvements; supervising warehouse/vault
operations and delivery service; ensuring proper staffing to meet customer’s demands and utilizes employees’ strengths to provide the best possible service for all customers; supervises operational personnel; and
maintains equipment and facility to achieve optimal performance.
Dutiess and Responsibilities
1. Personnel Management. Interviews and screens job candidates in an effort to select the best possible person for the job. Completes the hiring process, trains, evaluates, supervises and rewards personnel to develop employees to their fullest potential. Trains personnel on security and fire safety procedures, and enforces attendance and other personnel policies. Ensures proper staffing during vacation, holiday, and absentee occurrences. Communicates by use of meetings and
written communications so all operational shifts are kept informed.
2. Quality tracking and improvement. Participates fully in all facets of the Company’s quality program, including
development, training and quality improvement teams. Monitors, tracks, and sets goals for critical quality areas
(i.e. On-time deliveries, driver productivity, warehouse/vault productivity, warehouse/vault paperwork accuracy, driver
response time) within the operation. Communicates/charts measurable performance goals and results and work towards continuous improvements. Monitors driver efficiency and fuel usage and observes stops and idle times while route is in process.
3. Facilities/Equipment Maintenance. Responsible for vehicle maintenance, vehicle cleanliness, preventative maintenance scheduling, tracking and controlling required costs. Responsible for maintaining the warehouse/vault appearance
according to cleanliness and orderliness standards. In charge of warehouse/vault security, key fob, alarm code and door lock changes. Control repairs and make replacement orders. Audit cell phone usage and fuel card use, check-out
procedures, schedule and follow-up on maintenance of cell phones. Responsible for maintenance of scanners and
related equipment. Properly maintain and control the use of currently available rack space and evaluate the need for additional rack.
4. Inventory Control. Responsible for daily warehouse/vault operations warranting accuracy of what is stored and
timeliness of deliveries. Audit daily paperwork, oversee and reconcile daily vault inventories of critical accounts. Identify, schedule, supervise and conduct bay audits as prescribed by management. Identify, schedule and supervise the
performance of bay consolidations in an effort to achieve management goals. Verify and monitor warehouse map and
audit for accuracy.
5. Customer Service. Responsible for providing courteous and attentive treatment of all customers’ needs by presenting a professional and positive image when interacting with customers in person and over the phone. Handling / coordinating special requests and resolving customer problems: disaster recovery drills, large customer problems. Responsible for updating and distributing delivery schedules.
· Valid driver’s license with clean MVR and clean background check.
· High school diploma minimum.
· Supervisory experience (3-5 years desired) with demonstrated ability to get work out of others.
· Experience in implementing Quality concepts and practices in a service industry work environment.
· Problem solving skills to solve people and process problems.
· Detail oriented work style to identify discrepancies.
· Organizational skills to meet critical deadlines and schedule resources and handle massive amounts of
· Willing to take responsibility for daily operations even if personal sacrifices required (wear beeper, able to cover
any shift if necessary, run emergencies).
· Willing and able to do physical work when necessary.
· A commitment to being a key leader in a disaster recovery environment and embracing the unique requirements
of servicing both internal and external customers in such an environment.
Vital Records Control - 8 months ago