Position is responsible for the profit and loss performance of the defined system operation; works with VP and functional leaders to ensure cultural and business objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below:
- Manages Broadband Supervisors, Technicians and Partners (contractors) to ensure compliance with company guidelines regarding quality, customer service, safety, work-order completion and closeout and productivity requirements.
- Responsible for the training and development of department’s employees.
- Participates in prompt resolution of escalated work orders.
- Communicates effectively with customers, management, employees and installation and service partners (contractors).
- Assists in the development and management of the department’s operating budget in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Works with managers, supervisors and employees to promote a positive attitude and good employee morale.
- Management responsibility for the day-to-day operations of the entire system.
- Provides leadership and direction to local staff, including but not limited to hiring, disciplining, motivating and assessing management performance, and identifying developmental needs and solutions. Position is responsible for direct supervision of system support positions including development, performance management and disciplinary actions as appropriate.
- Reviews key measurement reports and financial statements to determine performance against objectives and then revises objectives and establishes action plans to meet objectives.
- Verifies, monitors, and approves all expense and capital expenditures before submission to VP.
- Insures adherence to accounting procedures at local levels (cash controls, accounts payable, inventory, etc.).
- Provides financial oversight of inventory purchases, tracking, inventory levels and controls and purchase order approvals.
- Interacts with public officials, government officials and other legal or industry representatives on behalf of the Company.
- Implements and represents corporate policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements / Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to read, write and speak English, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations; ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables; ability to handle confidential material and information; individual must be organized, able to multi-task under pressure.
Education/Experience : Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university and seven to ten years of related experience including two years of operations management or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Computer Skills : MS Office software, business or general ledger software, Internet, e-mail, and database software as required.
Physical Demands : The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job the employee is:
The employee generally works in an indoor office environment; attendance at evening or weekend company functions and events and/or public relations functions and events is expected. Some travel may be required.
- regularly required to talk and hear
- frequently required to sit, stand, bend at the knees and waist, and walk
- required to use hands to type, handle objects and paperwork
- required to reach and hold on to items at chest level or reach above the shoulder
- required to use close vision and be able to focus
WOW! Internet Cable and Phone - 5 months ago