Job Duties Include: The Manager of IV Operations is responsible for the coordination of activities to ensure the profitable provision of quality products and services to WAG patients and customers. The Operations Manager also promotes and participates in activities to attain the financial goals for the site(s) of assigned responsibility. The Manager of IV Operations has responsibility for IV line of service. Promotes quality and safe patient care. Participates in patient care conferences if requested. Supports clinical management in patient care decision making. Evaluates new products, services, and programs. May function in role of licensed healthcare professional if licensed and qualified.
Develops and implements personnel management programs. Responsible for performance of clinical management team. May be responsible for performance of other staff as designated by General Manager. Encourages and promotes staff to develop and improve professional and management skills. Evaluates staff performance and provides constructive feedback. Participates in office financial reporting. Under the direction of the General manager, participates in forecasting financial performance, participates in in end-of-period financial decision making and reporting, and is able to participate or perform month-end close procedures. Promotes profitability of operation. Under the direction of the general manager, reviews and evaluates financial status to budget. Responsible for management of accounts payable. Makes decisions to control expenditures including implementation of policies and procedures. Participates in overseeing reimbursement functions including intake, billing, and accounts receivable management. Evaluates new products, services, and programs for financial feasibility.
Reviews and evaluates operational processes. Ensures the completion and submission of required reports. Evaluates operational data for trends (i.e. Key Indicator Report). Evaluates intra and interoffice processes regarding quality and efficiency. Participates in the development and execution of the Business Plan and Budget. Works with the management team and sales staff to ensure that Business Plan is properly executed. Monitors Cost of Goods and Cost of Service to make sure that these values fall within the appropriate parameters for the office. Promotes and monitors compliance with standards, policies, and procedures including: Walgreens Policies and Procedures, State and Federal Regulation, and Home Care industry standards.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years in a qualified position.
- Prior experience indirectly or directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work, to include assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers, including meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Experience evaluating information to determine compliance with standards, laws, and regulations.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Excel (for example: opening a workbook, inserting a row, selecting font style and size, formatting cells as currency, using copy, paste and save functions, aligning text, selecting cells, renaming a worksheet, inserting a column, selecting a chart style, inserting a worksheet, setting margins, selecting page orientation, using spell check and/or printing worksheets).
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Word (for example: opening a document, cutting, pasting and aligning text, selecting font type and size, changing margins and column width, sorting, inserting bullets, pictures and dates, using find and replace, undo, spell check, track changes, review pane and/or print functions).
- Basic skill level in Microsoft PowerPoint (for example: inserting, rearranging, hiding and deleting slides, navigating between slides, increasing list level, adding, centering and editing text, changing views, inserting a table or a note, moving objects, printing outline view and/or running a slide show).
- Willing to travel at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Registered Nurse with a license in the current state of practice and at least 3 years of home health/infusion care experience or equivalent and 1 year of progressive experience in a management or supervisory position in the home care setting.
- Required licensure in Nursing as granted by the current state of practice.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare or Business Administration
- At least 1 year of experience in alternate site infusion therapy
- At least 1 year of experience in a Home Health care business, preferable home infusion.
- Prior experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 1 year of experience indirectly or directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
Walgreens - 8 months ago
At Walgreens, we help people get, stay and live well. That is our core purpose and the difference we make in people's lives every day. Our...