Organization: 300 person manufacturing plant; 70 salaried and 230 represented production employees.
Scope of Assigned Organization : 120 represented hourly production employees; ~18 salaried employees
Operations Managers are responsible for ensuring that all company and local Safety, Health and Environmental standards are met and for setting the standards and targets in relation to quality, delivery and productivity to ensure performance is sustained. This is accomplished by actively engaging across the whole of the work cell structure. Directly responsible for the overall success of the Work Cell structure and the Area Improvement Team process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Clearly communicate expectations around Safety, Health and Environmental, quality and productivity to Production Area Leaders.
- Ensures that Area Improvement Team activity is executed on time to plan.
- Ensure that Operations and Work Cell teams are working effectively with other departments (OF, quality, finance etc.)
- Communicates to Leadership Team and manufacturing teams overall performance to production plans, potential barriers from achieving the plans, and proposed corrective actions to assure that barriers are eliminated.
- Communicates concerns and issues of manufacturing employees with HR and remedies the issues in a timely manner
- Work with finance to manage period costs
- Work with order fulfillment and finance to ensure that labor is at correct level through the use of the labor tool.
- Work with program management and re-site teams to successfully introduce new products and revenue into the site. Allocate resource to project teams assigned to NPI.
- Work with GEO resource to successfully implement new processes and capital equipment into the site.
- Back up to Plant Manager when designated.
- Ensure that all Work Cell members have been properly trained and understand all SHE, Quality, Productivity and Continuous Improvement processes. Ensure that Production Area Leaders are qualified and capable of meeting the expectations and objectives set.
- Have long range development plan for Production Area Leaders to develop them into more senior positions within the business.
- Accountable for ensuring that Production Area Leaders are correctly managing performance in line with company policies. This includes the issue of disciplinary action where necessary.
- Production Area Leader goals are identified and aligned
- Goals for Work Cells are aligned with local quality and financial targets.
BS Engineering (Chemical or Mechanical); BS Operations; MBA
Minimum 8 years manufacturing leadership experience in a fast paced technical environment.
Must have some experience leading unionized organizations.
Must have experience driving organizational change (expansion, reduction etc.)
Continuous improvement background, including kaizen leadership. Demonstrated success in achieving improvements and business results.
Experience in a top tier safety (SHE) and quality focused company
Monster - 6 months ago