Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
We are currently seeking a Operations Manager to join our Lea County Landfill operations team based in Eunice, NM. Our ideal candidate will operate, maintain and manage the day to day landfill operations and report to the Landfill District Manager.
Waste Connections will provide relocation assistance
• Oversees personnel needs of the site including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
• Scheduling employees and equipment to facilitate task completion.
• Operating various pieces of heavy equipment.
• Coordinating site surveys and maintaining grade control.
• Executes necessary procedures to ensure safety and compliance with the company, OSHA, and other standards and regulations.
• Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans in conjunction with the District Manager.
• Monitors operating performance against budget, and Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met. Directly responsible for monitoring and managing operating costs, except office-related expenses.;
• Develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, work efficiency, equipment maintenance, and controlling labor and material costs.
• Interacts with Landfill customers and County officials to ensure customer satisfaction
• Previous supervisory experience in landfill operations heavy construction and/or environmental field services.
• Proficient finish dozer operator
• Experience working outdoors in all weather types
• Proficiency in letter writing and computer data entry
• Ability to communicate in English required
• Ability to communicate in Spanish required
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...