Scope of Position
This position is responsible for the overall management of all the Maintenance and Operations activities at a specific wind plant or wind plants.
Reports to: Area Operations Manager
Division/Department: Operations & Maintenance
Location: Carroll, IA
Normal office environment. Spends approximately 30% of time away from the office. Travel includes but is not limited to visits to other EDF Renewable Energy locations, meetings with EDF Renewable Energy customers, organizational partners and clients, and others related to/interested in the wind-energy business.
• The implementation and supervision of Internal Controls is under the responsibility of every manager within his/her scope of authority.
• The implementation and supervision of Internal Control is under the responsibility of every manager within his/her scope of authority.
• Oversee the management, operation, maintenance, service, and repair of wind turbines and wind turbine components to specified requirements.
• Maintain written and oral communications with customers.
• Responsibility for the preparation of and adherence to the O&M project budgets.
• Evaluate the performance of each direct report at least annually through the use of written performance evaluations.
• Recommend compensation changes for all direct reports within corporate and budgetary guidelines.
• Overall responsibility to evaluate and recommend training for field and office employees.
• All other job-related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or other related field preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the wind-energy field.
• Minimum of 5 years supervisory experience.
• Basic understanding of power generation equipment and operational performance metrics.
• Exemplary oral and written communication skills required. These include contract review, technical document review, business communication, event description, performance review, and new document synthesis. Strong computer experience required, including but not limited to Microsoft Office and SAP software
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace
and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
EDF Renewable Energy - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard
EDF Renewable Energy is a leading U.S. independent power producer with more than 25 years of expertise in the renewable industry, covering...