POSITION: Operations Manager
REPORTS TO: Asst. Director Operations
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Facility Maintenance Technician at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Responsible for supervising, training, and all related assistance in the day to day operations at the facility in the following areas:
- Event Set Up and Conversion
- Operational oversight and responsibility for Operations Coordinators and Operations staff. Coordinate all work and staffing plans for event support.
- Assistance in the development and implementation of a comprehensive training and safety program for all employees in Operations. Serve as coordinator for said training.
- Hold daily facility operations planning strategy meetings with Operations Coordinators and regular staff meetings with Operations staff.
- Recruit, interview, hire, train, and schedule Operations staff.
- Responsible for requisitioning supplies and for maintaining equipment and supply inventory controls, reports, and shortages.
- Quote/purchase as required in area of operations.
- Review event documents for operational issues. Recommend solutions to identified issues.
- Assist in overseeing activities of vendors, subcontractors, and city and county services.
- Perform reviews of Operations Coordinators and Operations staff members
- Submit recommendations for operating, capital maintenance, and capital equipment budgets. By direction track budget for expenditures in compliance with operational goals.
- Recommend goals/objectives for Operations Coordinators.
- Provide operations event support at weekly production meeting, pre-cons, post cons, and site visits.
- Develop and monitor equipment preventative and corrective maintenance program in conjunction with Assistant Director of Operations. Perform hands on repair work as needed.
- Confers with other department Managers, Coordinators, and Supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Responsible for processing payroll and labor allocations.
- Enforces employee dress code and grooming standards.
- Maintain current MSDS on all products, even trial products and OSHA personal protection equipment.
- Establish and maintain sub-department rules of conduct including administering of appropriate disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ensure all work is completely on time and to our set level of standards.
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Must have a working knowledge of event conversion/housekeeping procedures relating to a public assembly or commercial facility; knowledge of the operation of various cleaning equipment and techniques and of operation of moving equipment. High school diploma/GED required. BA in an area applicable to facility management, resource management or hospitality/convention industries preferred.
- Three to five years in proven supervisory or facility management leadership role; demonstrated ability to handle multiple positions with minimum instruction, experience in crisis management.
- Clearly demonstrated ability at problem solving, planning, organizing, and logistics. Excellent interpersonal skills and oral and written communication skills. This position requires the ability to interact with all types of people, must be able to get along with co-workers, customers, vendors, and visitors to the facility. Must be able to respond politely to all individuals and work well as a team player.
Exposure to adverse weather conditions and to various cleaning chemicals. Must have the ability to work flexible/irregular hours. Position requires extensive walking, occasional bending, stooping, and climbing. Must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds; additionally set up equipment including but not limited to: tables, chairs, risers, staging, and other related items as needed.
TO APPLY: Please submit your resume with your salary requirements. Resumes received without salary requirements will not be considered.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Greater Columbus Convention Center
400 N High Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D