American Greetings is currently seeking Operations/Supply Chain Administrator candidates for the Merchandise Planning & Allocation team. This position acts as the liaison between the merchant/product management function and the supply chain. In this role, individuals will translate business strategies into executional tactics for executing new product introduction and product refreshes at retail. There is a data-entry component to this role that requires the Operations/Supply Chain Administrator to input and maintain key product information in a corporate database.
This role is responsible for a great deal of cross department collaboration and co-ordination in order to efficiently and effectively deliver the merchant strategies to retail.
Position reports to the Merchant Operations Lead Analyst or Merchant Operations Manager based on assigned Everyday card programs/projects. Programs could consist of Birthday, Friendship cards and all other Everyday card sending situations.
Experience:The ideal candidate will have:
- Inform merchants of the implications of the program/project business plans as they are developed
- Translate the Merchants strategy and goals into a distribution and execution plan
- Execute the distribution plan for more complex programs/projects and ensures that retail, strategies and goals are met.
- Develop internal program schedules that identify all distribution activities to ensure that all key initiatives are executed on time and flawlessly
- Identify and facilitate the resolution of specific program execution issues.
- Ensure program/projects financial goals are monitored and adhered to prior to retail execution.
BA/BS degree in Business, marketing, Economics, Finance, Supply Chain Management , Operations Management or equivalent
- 0-3 years of experience in Marketing Supply Chain Management, Retail or Operations Management or equivalent fields
- Strong project management skills
- Strong analytics, problem solving and math skills
- Ability to demonstrate proficient communication and interpersonal skills while interacting with peers and management
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Strong PC skills to include knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word. Access preferred but not essential.
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple priorities
- Demonstrate leadership in a team environment with the ability to work independently
American Greetings - 2 years ago
American Greetings has been building its sturdy house of cards for more than a century. The #2 US maker of greeting cards (behind Hallmark),...