How to Apply
Please complete the entire online application along with any prescreening questions that pertain to this opportunity. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
About Us - Winery
Over seventy-five years ago, with humble beginnings, brothers Ernest and Julio Gallo began E. & J. Gallo Winery. Today, we are the world's largest family-owned winery. We distribute wines to 90 countries and are the largest exporter of California wine. E. & J. Gallo Winery employs a creative and talented team of more than 5,000 people.
We truly believe that the contributions of our employees are what make our Winery a dominant force in the ever-growing wine industry.
If you want to work with great people and enjoy a career in a dynamic industry expected to double in the next 10 years, see what opportunities await you at E. & J. Gallo Winery!
Full Time/Part Time
Uses expertise to conduct logical analyses of management issues and information requirements that will be used enhance and streamline company operations. Develops analytical solutions using an expanded arsenal of modeling algorithms and applying best modeling practices and processes for packaging those analytical solutions.
- Provides solutions to business problems by developing new modeling algorithms and utilizing internal and external (outsourcing) resources to deliver the solutions.
- Leads and supports concurrent projects at company sites throughout California.
- Oversees the completion of projects including planning; assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work.
- Functions as the analytical solutions expert for new business opportunities. Identifies and initiates new projects that utilize an operations research toolset to provide quantifiable benefit to the company.
- Prepares management reports indicating solution or range of possible alternatives in rank of desirability and probability of success.
- Supports and sustains current mathematical models and extend their functionality so that they continue to provide benefit to the organization.
- Must maintain satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering plus 5 years of experience applying mathematics for business functions and processes in manufacturing, supply chain, or distribution.
- Masters of Science degree in Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering plus 3 years of experience applying mathematics for business functions and processes in manufacturing, supply chain, or distribution.
- Skilled in identifying analytical solutions behind business problems.
- Strong structured and systems approach to business problem resolutions.
- Knowledge and strong aspirations for business modeling, stochastic simulation and mathematical optimization.
- Experience challenging and improve the status quo.
- Skilled in programming and data processing.
- Skilled in project management, leadership, presentation and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Experience working work with, communicating, and motivating people at all levels of the organization.
- Experience managing a project team to deliver results on a strict timeline.
- Skilled in numerical optimization (linear and integer), stochastic modeling, development of custom heuristics to approximate optimization, time series analysis, multivariate statistical analysis, forecasting, neural networks, and genetic algorithms.
- Skilled in data mining from large and disparate data sets; designs and creates user interfaces for data collection and custom decision support systems.
- Experience designing and coding decision support systems with an analytical core; experience converting and using data in different formats.
- Skilled in the use of MS Office (including spreadsheet modeling in Excel and expertise with developing sophisticated tools in VBA) at an expert level.
- Experience with one or more of the following languages: C, C++, Java, Perl, ML, Flexscript, and SQL (MS Access, MS Sequel Server, Oracle, or MySQL).
- Experience using Flexsim software (or ample experience with similar software).
- Skilled in the use of CPLEX and OPL (or solid experience with similar optimization language such as XPRESS-MP, GAMS, or LINDO).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
E. & J. Gallo Winery - 21 months ago
E. & J. Gallo Winery brings merlot to the masses. The company is the world's largest family-owned winemaker, thanks in part to such...