GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
GE’s Management Sciences Lab asserts that businesses are complex systems that can be designed and operated for higher customer value creation, more assured. We study the structure of business-physical systems to solve important and real problems of our time. Examples are the design of and operational decision support for hospital throughput and safety, electrical grid supply and demand, airline flight and ground operations, rail network and yard throughput, green asset design and use such as vehicles, wind, solar, building systems, manufacturing and supply chain systems, financial services automation, oil and gas extraction and management, water systems and the key questions from many other of GE’s globally reaching businesses. We focus on how assets are used in the structure of these complex systems – assets that GE makes and services as the OEM – and build solutions around them.
We are seeking colleagues who desire to build a career in applied research who will become GE’s key scientists and engineers at the intersection of engineered physical and business systems. Our Lab contains Industrial and Systems Engineers and Operations Researchers. We are strong in simulation [discrete event, agent and continuous/system dynamics], math programming and hybrid methods.
As an Operation Researcher, you will:
- Work with GE Businesses and Business Partners in delivering actionable decision support solutions to real and theoretical problems.
- Work with technology vendors to benchmark emerging and disruptive innovations for GE application areas.
- Research and develop tools and processes to improve analytical methods, performance, scale, and sophistication of algorithms, simulations, and systems.
- Collaborate with world-class talent in many disciplines touched by computing needs.
- Communicate progress and results of research initiatives with business leaders, customers, and technology providers.
- Doctorate degree in Operations Research, Industrial/Systems Engineering, or a related field of study.
- Hands-on analytical platform or software development skills for implementing algorithms in or callable from decision support systems
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be willing to take a drug test and submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page at www.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.
Imagine what GE Global Research will make happen next. If you are ready to join us, click on the “Apply to job” button below.
- Experience in shaping solutions for practical problems, algorithm development and software decision system development.
- Domain knowledge in transactional business systems such as financial services, healthcare and industrial performance risk.
- Ability to formulate practical analytical solutions and rapidly prototype decision support systems.
- Knowledge of analytical tools such as Matlab, commercial math program solvers, modeling languages, and simulation packages.
- Knowledge of software development platforms and languages.
- Experience in algorithms for aviation systems.
- Exemplary technical content communication skills.
- Strong record of academic or professional publishing.
- Ability to articulate innovative ideas to senior management and strategic business partners.
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more domain where the described research will occur in, examples including Energy production and distribution such as in Smart Grid, Flight Management, Hospital Operations, Oil & Gas production, Rail Networks
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, System Dynamics, ME, EE,IE Engineering, Computational Finance
- Understanding of modern corporate finance and the factors impacting discount rates and real options value.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Section 19 Job
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO SATISFY THE REQUIREMENTS OF SECTION 19 OF THE FEDERAL DEPOSIT INSURANCE ACT.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries...