Job Title: Operations Services Representative
Job ID: 03583
Division : Personal Lines
Work Location(s): United States-Minnesota-Eden Prairie
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
This job is in our Personal Lines Support Center, which is a call center environment;
The hours are non-standard, and the department requires coverage 7:00 a.m to 7:00 p .m, Monday thru Friday;
Persons who have prior experience working in a call center are encouraged to apply,
as well as those person who have prior experience working in the Insurance Industry.
Excellent communication skills are a must, as well as strong problem-solving and multi-tasking skills.
Operations Services Representatives screen and process new business, renewals and changes for multiple Personal Lines products, referring items to underwriting where appropriate. They answer inquiries from agents and insureds related to Personal Lines processing, and use multiple systems to research and resolve basic premium and services issues. This is the entry-level processing position within the Personal Lines Division.
- New Business Screening & Underwriting Referrals (30%)
- Processes multiple lines of new business for multiple states
- Validates information including: town-class, rating zone, address/zip + 4, third party interests (TPI), multi-line discounts and cross-divisional discounts. Reviews auto and property applications for agent comments. Corresponds with agent to obtain missing information.
- Orders and reviews reports for Motor Vehicles, Credit Bureau, claims loss history, and property surveys. Makes changes or refers to underwriting based on established guidelines.
- Compares applications against underwriting referral criteria and determines which to transfer to underwriters based on established criteria and taking into account state differences.
- Determines when established termination criteria are met and completes policy termination process. Changes policy/account information in the appropriate systems. Properly documents for future reference.
- Establishes appropriate down payment and billing options. Reviews and aligns dates on existing business.
- Renewal & Change Processing (30%)
- Processes renewal and changes to multiple lines of business using multiple systems and databases. Calculates new premium notices using rate tables, verifies accuracy and documents new premium in appropriate systems.
- Reviews policy and adds required endorsements, processes requested changes to other records and policies as appropriate. Corresponds with agents to obtain missing information. Includes research of policies outside of Personal Lines (e.g., Life, Commercial Lines, and Farm Ranch).
- Processes changes such as state to state rewrites, in state rewrites/disassociations, re-cancels, and multiple day entries. Uses established underwriting criteria determining which to transfer to the Underwriter for review. Properly documents for future reference.
- Processes referrals, money reinstatement, returned bank items, changes from property surveyor, and financial responsibility filings using multiple systems and databases.
- Processes customer billing combines/splits/transfers as they pertain to policy processing.
- Processes work and answers questions, with assistance from senior team members, on business from multiple states using knowledge of state specific regulations and laws.
- Agent / Customer Support (25%)
- Answers inquiries from internal and external customers related to personal lines policies and accounts. Uses multilingual phone line/service to answer inquiries from non-English speaking customers.
- Resolves processing issues from internal and external customers by researching basic account information and policy history from multiple systems, explaining policy processing steps, and taking appropriate action.
- Develops a working knowledge of Personal Lines policies, procedures and rules to address basic internal and external customer processing issues. Interprets, with assistance from senior team members, those procedures and rules that interface other company processes including: Customer Billing, Remittance Processing, Commercial Lines / Farm Ranch, Life, Agency Marketing, and Claims.
- Accesses multiple systems and databases to obtain information needed to resolve basic customer issues or questions. Systems and databases include on-line reference manuals, auto and property processing systems, specialty line processing systems, claims information, property survey databases, customer information management, and MVR reports (with assistance from senior team members).
- Responds to agents and customers with verbal and written communication, in a clear, effective and accurate manner.
- Ensures appropriate follow up with the customer.
- Team Administration (10%)
- Receives, batches and sorts mail, e-forms, and other incoming correspondence for assignment
- Prepares declarations, coverage summary letters adding AIM inserts, premium notices (returned to the team), proof of insurance cards, state filings, and termination letters. Mails correspondence using overnight mail vendor systems and creating a postal manifest for proof-of-mail letters.
- Types and assembles special endorsements and adds declaration language to complete the policy package. Processes termination letters, Returned Bank Items, and ineligible territory cancels. Uses multiple processing systems to complete appropriate correspondence and documentation.
- Orders supplies including ergonomic equipment.
- Creates microfilm files, operates microfilm camera and equipment, and ensures proper filing.
- Projects and Knowledge Sharing (5%)
- Conducts on the job training concerning basic team processes: policy management and typing
- Assists in Special Projects as appropriate for level of knowledge.
- Participates in team meetings to share knowledge and information.
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Analytical Thinking
- Planning & Organizing
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts.
- Demonstrated basic grammatical and/or spelling abilities.
- Demonstrated experience and efficiency using PC software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook, Acrobat, etc.).
- Demonstrated reading comprehension skills.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication skills and active listening skills.
- Demonstrates tact and diplomacy when dealing with others.
- Keyboarding/typing ability at 30 wpm.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 22 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...