The Operations Specialist supports the Studios and Call Center through a variety of operational tasks.
- Assist with Studio Operations Support email box, which includes organizing Studio request forms, expense reports and check requests, swatch and collateral requests and other misc. Studio operational issues.
- Assist with Drop Ship email box, which includes communicating with vendors to answer questions, confirm orders or order cancellations.
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely, professional and courteous manner ensuring accuracy of information and appropriate grammar, spelling, etc.
- Process drop ship orders by releasing and confirming with vendors. Follow up with vendors to ensure timely and accurate recording of shipment details on orders.
- Assist with Special Order by Responding to requests for literature, samples, price lists, etc.
- Maintain master swatch list; reorder swatch stock for replenishment to studios.
- Place employee orders on a daily basis.
- Process and file tax exemption requests.
- Process and file trade discount qualification requests.
- Assist with ordering Special Order swatch requests
- Audit source code usage, price overrides.
- Review and resolve payment issues on a daily basis.
- Other duties may from time to time be assigned by management
- Strong organizational skills. Process oriented.
- Action oriented. Enjoys working hard.
- Attention to detail; outstanding problem-solving/multi-tasking skills; strong follow through skills; resourceful and creative.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written; conveys information in a clear and concise manner; asks appropriate probing questions.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in all situations.
- Innovative; constantly seeking ways to gain/build relationships and improve processes.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn on the fly. Learns quickly when facing new problems; open to change; resourceful in finding solutions; enjoys challenges and unfamiliar tasks. Ability to effectively cope with change; can decide and act without having the total picture; handles uncertainty well.
- Team player. Cooperative, easily gains trust and support of peers; encourages collaboration.
- Interested in self-development. Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/her. Understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches.
- Able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- College degree preferred.
Design Within Reach - 21 months ago
Design Within Reach (commonly referred to as DWR) could be just out of reach for the average Joe furniture-shopper's wallet. The...