The ECA Operations Specialist must have a comprehensive understanding of child welfare statutes and Florida Administrative Codes. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, retrieving information from Florida Safe Families Network (FSFN) as needed, coordination with case management on case specific issues, evaluating the staffing process for effectiveness and timeliness and providing technical assistance to agencies as needed. The Operations Specialist must have the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
• Analyze FSFN data and reports to evaluate agency compliance with outcomes for children in order to target challenge areas requiring technical assistance and oversight.
• Review and analyze cases open for extended periods of time, identify barriers to permanency and recommend action necessary to bring permanency to children.
• Observe and evaluate permanency staffings to ensure compliance with statutory and contractual requirements.
• Provide technical assistance and guidance to the case management agencies and other key stakeholders with regard to policy and procedure and quality improvement re-engineering initiatives.
• Provide specialized individual training to case management staff, as needed. Provide support to quality improvement/training staff as assigned and related to job duties.
• Assist the management team in developing and continuously reviewing/updating a comprehensive policy and procedural manual and quality improvement program for the Projects’ service delivery system.
• Provide guidance to all case management staff in determining and securing appropriate services, as needed.
• Manage and coordinate all requests to reopen cases, or assist in same. Maintain a tracking log of such requests.
• Provide support to the Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children/ Out of Town Inquiry (ICPC/OTI) request coordinator as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in social work or related human services field required. Requires a minimum of two years child welfare experience.
Prefer one year supervisory experience.
Eckerd is a drug-free workplace and Equal Opportunity Employer. Eckerd utilizes E-verify to confirm employment eligibility.
Eckerd Youth Alternatives (EYA) provides early intervention and prevention, wilderness education, residential and day treatment, and...