KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position is responsible for monitoring and improving the boiler combustion processes for environmental emissions ( NOx , CO , SO2, opacity) while maximizing unit efficiency, availability, reliability and production. This is accomplished through best practice training, procedure and check list development.
- This position will lead unit trip and equipment root cause failure analysis investigations (related to operator failure or misses) and develop training, procedures and check list to avoid repeat failures.
- Responsible for insuring excellence in all operational disciplines focused on operational and lean skills in order to create an operational and cultural transformation focused on the Luminant Operating System and business plan success. Enables world class operations by teaming with plant craft, superintendents, supervisors, planners, schedulers and the plant management team.
- Cover for Production Superintendents, O&M Coordinator and Shift Supervisor as needed.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
- Monitor and insure environmental compliance, regulatory compliance, administrative and procedural compliance (SO2, CO, NOx, opacity) on a shift by shift basis. Identify best practices and automate or develop best practices guidelines for each shift.
- Provide operator training to insure best practice operations (safety, emissions, unit efficiency, unit reliability, availability, productivity and lean thinking) shift to shift.
- Assist with operational system initiatives and associated development & training.
- Training front line supervisors and operators on initiatives that bring the most value to the corporation. Standardize and develop best practices where applicable.
- Review and analyze unit start-up/shutdown/trip/upset conditions for boiler/turbine temperature excursions and document recommended corrective actions.
- Investigate all unit trips. determine root cause for the trip and proposed resolution to avoid future trips
- Review and analyze equipment failures related to operator error or operator misses and document recommended corrective actions.
- Identify recurrent operational issues and determine if engineering, reliability or best practice methods are needed to avoid such recurrent operational issues.
- Be available on a call out basis 24 hours per day for operational issues or unit start-up training/coordination
- Chairs the Best Operating Practices Meeting with Plant Operators to review procedures, best practices and progress towards targets. Lead brainstorming sessions to improve safety, unit emissions, production, reliability, availability and unit heat rate.
- Documents shut down and start-up plans for planned outages.
- Develop and maintain a list of proposed special projects/capital improvement projects to maximize safety and production while minimizing emissions. Identify equipment efficiency, unit heat rate and reliability projects for consideration by management.
- Perform troubleshooting and documentation and lead in the resolution of problems.
Implementing best practice operations and consistency shift to shift while maximizing production.
- Lower emissions and improved unit reliability and availability while achieving target generation.
High school diploma or GED equivalent
Minimum 10 years experience in power production working at a fossil power plant
Possess a strong understanding of plant operations and clearance procedures
LUMINANT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
TXU Energy - 2 years ago
Energy Future Holdings Corp. is a Dallas-based, privately held energy company with a portfolio of competitive and regulated energy...