You’ve got it in you – drive, energy, passion. You’ve got the skills – people leader, collaborator, customer-focused. But are you in a place where you can realize your full potential? Can you really make a difference every day? At QVC, we’ve got the opportunity for you to shine and be better than you ever imagined you could be. Take the next step in your career as a Supervisor at our Lancaster, PA Distribution Center.
Under direction of the Area/Shift Manager, the Supervisor is accountable for providing leadership, direction and support to the department. The Supervisor manages operations to accomplish facility and company business goals. Operates the department in a cost-efficient, quality-oriented manner to achieve excellent customer service. Monitors and maintains a quality working environment in promoting effective employee relations.
- Supports QVC’s commitment to customer service in the performance of all job duties. Provides leadership and displays enthusiastic commitment to behaviors and values consistent with The QVC Difference. Creates a positive, motivating work climate. Models proactive employee relations.
- Supervises day-to-day operations for the assigned area, partnering as necessary with other departments. Circulates around area and prioritizes, assigns and reviews work to maintain departmental efficiency and meet productivity, volume and quality goals.
- Creates and maintains a clean, safe working environment for all employees.
- Ensures both consistency of and compliance with company and departmental policies/procedures and performance standards. Implements operational plans to achieve designated objectives, established performance goals and quality standards.
- Identifies, reports and communicates to the department manager trends and/or irregularities. Takes a proactive approach to analyzing deficiencies and developing plans to correct. Recommends and implements solutions by involving staff in problem solving to obtain the best results.
- Works cooperatively, utilizing a team supervisor approach to achieve performance goals established for both base and flex employee groups.
- Partners with the On-Call Manager to continually improve the effectiveness and efficiency of On-Call/Variable staffing program and its ability to meet changing employee and business needs.
- Conducts meetings with staff to review department changes and statistics, respond to questions and communicate any concerns/issues to the group. Ensures that employee questions or problems encountered are resolved in a timely and accurate manner. Coordinates all follow-through with the appropriate managers/support departments as necessary.
- Performs regular feedback sessions with both base and flex employee groups to discuss performance, including both constructive and appreciative feedback. Develops goals and objectives with individuals and provides appropriate follow-up. Completes and administers meaningful performance appraisals in a timely manner. Counsels and participates in the training process to develop employees. Partners with manager and Human Resources to develop formal performance action plans and corrective actions, tracks progress against the plan, and provides feedback at appropriate intervals.
- Participates in the development of short- and long-range goals for the department, including budget, staffing and systems requirements. Assists with special projects involving continuous improvement both inside and outside area(s) of direct responsibility.
- Completes administrative tasks and reporting functions on a timely basis.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 3 years of supervisory experience in a related high-volume distribution center environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must possess a solid working knowledge of PCs, word-processing and spreadsheet packages (Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, etc.).
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated initiative is necessary.
Job Requirements (as required by the Americans with Disabilities Act):
- Ability to climb stairs/ladders.
- Ability to work on elevated surfaces.
- Ability to lift items weighing approximately 50 lbs.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations.
- Ability to work under pressure in order to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to differentiate between colors.
- Ability to conduct oral presentations.
- Ability to operate general office equipment (fax machine, photocopier, computer printer) stationed between 3 and 4 feet high.
- Ability to access and enter information using an automated system quickly and accurately.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to comprehend and apply complex information.
- Maintain attendance according to company policy.
QVC, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Liberty Interactive Corporation attributed to the Liberty Interactive Group (Nasdaq: LINTA), is one of the largest multimedia retailers in the world. QVC is committed to providing its customers with thousands of the most innovative and contemporary beauty, fashion, jewelry and home products. Its programming is distributed to approximately 200 million homes worldwide. The company's website, QVC.com, is ranked among the top general merchant Internet sites. With operations in the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan, Italy, and a joint venture in China, West Chester, Pa.-based QVC has shipped more than a billion packages in its 25+ year history. QVC, Q, and the Q Ribbon Logo are registered service marks of ER Marks, Inc.
QVC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or handicap, marital or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Philadelphia, PA, Wilmington, DE, Retail, Sales, Television, TV, Video, Production, Warehouse, Inbound, Receiving, Warehousing, Distribution, Business, Operations, Lead, Leader, Manager, Manage, Supervisor, Supervisory, Coordinator, Coordinate
QVC was founded in 1986 by Joseph Segel, an entrepreneur who saw an opportunity to create a new and engaging shopping experience through...