UPS Supply Chain Solutions is currently seeking an Operations Supervisor for Freight Forwarding Transportation operations. The Operations Supervisor is responsible for implementing and supervising Operations and business development activities. He/She develops proposals and contracts to acquire new customer accounts. This position compiles customer and service provider requirements to create master operating plans.
- Requisition #: 230756722
- Job Category: Operations
- Operation: Autogistics
- Job Group: FT Supervisor
- Job Grade: 20C
- Job Code: 3410
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: DEARBORN, MI 48126 - FORD - WESTPARK
Duties and Responsibilities Include but are not Limited to:
• Performs Business Development and New Customer Implementation Activities
• Supervises Customer Service Requests
• Supports Operations Planning Activities
• Coordinates Financial Management Activities
• Supervises and Develops Others
Job Specific Competencies:
• Demonstrates a thorough understanding of most routine and some complex policies and procedures in the relevant business area.
• Integrates a broad knowledge of logistics and supply chains within customer organizations to solve complex customer problems and develop strategies.
• Demonstrates a broad, but general understanding of UPS freight operations and structure and applies this knowledge to routine problems.
• Uses existing career development process and tools with some assistance to monitor employee development; provides feedback to direct reports and peers on job skills and personal behavior.
• Distinguishes between “big picture” comments and specialized, smaller facts associated with work.
• Bachelor's Degree - Preferred
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...