We are currently seeking an Operations Supervisor with experience working in the transportation industry for our Troy, New York Customer Service Center.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Experience working in the School Bus Transportation Industry
- Supervise the driver workforce
- Coordinate the daily operations (driving, routing, and vehicle activities)
- Interact and attend meetings with School District Representatives
- Meeting regularly with school district administrators to review and enhance service quality and performance
- Analyzing financial performance and reviewing findings with General Manager
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Coordinate operations activities with the Safety Training Supervisor or General Manager
- Ensure appropriate, accurate routing materials are developed and available to the Drivers
- Serve as a Cover Driver, Router or Dispatcher as needed
- Oversee some of the center’s administrative functions (i.e. contracts, billing and forecasting)
- This position will report to the General Manager
Benefits: Durham School Services offers a full package of benefits and paid time off.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred; or equivalent work experience
- Three or more years of management experience
- Experience in the ground transportation industry preferred
- Experience with budgets and analyzing financial performance
- Assist the General Manager with forecasting weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual revenue streams
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Strong commitment to customer service
- Ability to operate and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Must be self-directed with ability to take initiative to find effective solutions
- Relationship building, maintenance and collaborative skills to provide high-level support and advice to local decision-making customers foster and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders to satisfactorily resolve issues.
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time management skills to balance conflicting demands related to customer relationships and needs.
- Proficient in the use of computers and Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- No preventable accidents in the past 36 months
- Acceptable driving performance for the past 36 months
To Apply: Interested, qualified candidates please submit your resume and cover letter via the online application process below or visit our website at www.durhamschoolservices.com and select the “Join Our Team” Section.
About Us: National Express Corporation (NEC), a nation-wide leader in student transportation, is made up of Durham School Services and Petermann in the United States and Stock Transportation in Canada. Durham, Petermann, and Stock share a strong commitment to provide quality transportation, outstanding customer service, positive employee relations and the highest level of safety.
Together, Durham School Services, Petermann, and Stock Transportation employ more than 22,000 individuals and serve more than 350 school districts in 32 states in the US and four provinces in Canada. The NEC Corporate Office, located in Warrenville, Illinois, houses the administrative and support functions for the company. Our local customer service centers (CSCs) are supported by regional operations teams located throughout North America
Key Words: Operations Supervisor, Operations Manager, Transportation Supervisor, Transportation Manager, Bus, Buses, School Bus, School Buses, Student, Students, Passenger, Passengers, Transportation, Special Needs Transportation, Logistics, Operations, DOT, Transport, Route, Routing, School, Public School, Field Trip, Field Trips, Charter, Charters, Safety, Passenger Safety, NAPT, VersaTrans, Synovia, Edulog, CMF 88, 88M, 88N, 88Z
Durham School Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Wanna go for a ride? National Express has a seat. Specializing in passenger transportation, the company serves riders in North America,...