Under the general direction of the Lead Supervisor, Operations, this position is responsible for developing and maintaining an atmosphere of cooperation, including teamwork and problem solving. As an essential member of this critical thinking team, this person is expected to take the initiative in communicating the RTA mission to the workforce and taking ownership of service quality to the customer.
- Lead, mentor, counsel, and document corrective action in accordance with the Employee Standards of Performance along with a focus group of operators.
- Interview, hire, and evaluate communication specialists, and operators within the Operations Department.
- Actively supports operator workforce by promoting effective communications, excellent customer service and a safe environment for employees and customers.
- Schedules adequate levels of Operators to meet daily service requirements.
- Supervises daily operations of Transit Operators and vehicles to ensure safe and reliable service using software to manage on-time performance, paratransit scheduling, on-street bus repairs and trolleybus power supply.
- Exceed customer expectations by providing necessary transportation during service disruptions and coordinates alternative transportation resources in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Provides direction to Transit Ambassadors at WSP to ensure a clean and safe environment for customers at all Transit Centers.
- Investigates accidents, collects pertinent data, evaluates potential for post-accident drug testing and completes and forwards required reports to appropriate RTA personnel and insurance providers.
- Administers corrective measures in order to maintain a high standard of professionalism including regular attendance and service that promotes a positive image of RTA.
- Ensures due process as outlined in the labor agreement.
- Activates Emergency Preparedness Plan and mobilizes resources for appropriate response to bus accidents, road closures, medical emergencies, weather.
- Transit Supervisor emergencies, evacuations, potential terrorist attacks and support to community agencies.
- Puts the needs of customer above all else and provides appropriate feedback in response to concerns and inquiries.
- Requires punctuality and regular attendance.
- Supports the missions and goals of the RTA.
Maintains employee records with regard to operator assignments, picks, attendance, and the Standards of Performance.
Attends mandatory training sessions to ensure a highly informed work group.
Conducts regular operator pick process.
Acts as a back-up and drives a bus as needed, if in possession of a current CDL.
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not include other occasional work that may be assigned which would be similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Associates degree or equivalent. Three (3) years transit operations experience.
A Commercial Driver’s License is preferred but not required.
Must act independently within established operational policy guidelines.
Is accountable for efficient and effective use of own time and that of others. In
addition utilization of materials by others and for administering rider procedures.
This position is an exempt Pay Grade 14 position with a starting salary of $42,293 – $52,867. External candidates must complete an application/resume and send to RTA, 600 Longworth Street Dayton, Ohio 45402 Attn: Human Resources or send resume to www.i-riderta.org.
Greater Dayton Regional Transit Authority - 20 months ago
Attracting high-paying jobs, rebuilding schools, and investing in the state's security are all in a day's work for the Office of...