Education and Experience:
• 7 years of supervisory experience in Production, Manufacturing or Distribution environment.
• College degree is required, preferably with a focus on business or industrial engineering.
• Great communication skills both written and verbal are a MUST! Bilingual (Spanish) skills are preferred.
• Great customer service specifically managing customer relationships is a MUST!
• Knowledge of Six Sigma, Lean production and quality methodologies.
• Excellent planning, organizational, and analytical skills, coupled with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication abilities.
• Strong multitasking and time management skills. Comfortable working on several tasks simultaneously.
• Comfortable dealing with customer contacts, Insource supervisors, associates and management team.
• Strong computer experience using spreadsheet and word processing software.
• Self disciplined individual with strong work ethic. Self starter.
• Ability to identify problems and offer real world resolutions within constrained timelines.
• Ability to train new employees and develop team work within new work cells. Strong team player.
• Abstract reasoning, flexibility in thinking and an ability to visualize complex and innovative ideas.
• Thoroughness and attention to details, with an ability to adhere to a timeline to ensure success.
• Having a sense of urgency, without overlooking critical details.
• Ability to perform essential functions of the job.
The Operations Supervisor acts as a liaison between the client and the staff who work at their location. The primary responsibility of the Operations Supervisor is to direct and oversee production work in their assigned location(s). The qualified candidate will direct and oversee production work and associated field services. Under minimal supervision, the Operations Supervisor will provide hands-on management of the recruiting, orientation, training, and the productivity of their associates. Additionally the Operations Supervisor is to be the driving force behind achieving the stated performance standards, gross margin, quality standards, safety standards and other objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Maintain an excellent working relationship with all facets of the client.
• Drive costs and performance using Lean methodologies.
• Manage, direct and coordinate all activities related to a performance based shift to maximize productivity while maintaining quality according to all site specific standards
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities including orientations; training, disciplining, directing work; assessing work performance, coaching, developing and motivating team members
• Regularly review site specific policies, procedures, safety documents, and training materials and revise as necessary.
• Make prompt management decisions on personnel and employee relation issues.
• Ensure all production data is gathered and reported correctly on a daily basis.
• Monitor attendance, safety, productivity, and quality of Performance Associates.
• Report and investigate all workplace injuries in compliance with company policy.
• Conduct new hire orientations - policies, procedures, safety, job shadowing and ensure its effective delivery. Review regularly and revise as necessary.
• Troubleshoot client management workforce concerns.
• Be primary communication contact with Performance Associates, client, and Insource management.
• Adhere to confidentiality policies and ensure confidentiality of employees' records.
• Generate weekly payroll for performance associates at respective location.
• Complete and submit all reports, forms and requests timely and accurately, including daily performance and attendance updates.
• Comply and conform to company operating procedures manual.
• Assure adequate and visible on-floor presence.
Insource Performance Solutions - 22 months ago