The Operations Supervisor supervises and coordinates activities of operations employees.
Representative Responsibilities - Operations Supervisor:
- Directly responsible for supervision of employees performing waste collection/disposal, dispatch and/or other operations-related work. Supervision includes hiring, scheduling, performance management and other related issues.
- Resolves unusual or nonscheduled service requests, equipment breakdowns, and schedule changes.
- Develops work schedules to match staffing levels, makes work assignments and monitors progress to improve work process efficiency. Plans routes to provide the most efficient service to customers while also managing labor hours and disposal tons.
- Performs administrative activities, including reviewing and processing route sheets, time sheets or other work time documents.
- Conducts employee observations to ensure safety and productivity procedures are being followed. Documents and discusses results with employees.
- Responds to driver reports of problem pick ups such as unsafe conditions or hazardous waste.
- Provides status reports to next level management, and substantiates payroll, customer billing, and business plans.
- Coordinates with other departments and customers to change or improve customer service.
- Responds effectively and courteously to customer service inquiries, requests or complaints.
- Understands, implements, and maintains safe work practices.
- Investigates accidents, injuries or property damage claims.
- On occasion, to maintain business operations, may drive route vehicles in order to cover shortages in staff or missed pick-ups.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job # OSS021413.
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and two years related operations experience.
- One year supervisory or lead experience.
- Class A or B CDL may be required.
- Previous experience as a commercial (CDL) driver.
Republic Services is a dynamic company that offers a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical coverage, supplemental insurance programs, retirement benefits, and paid vacation and holidays.
- Waste industry experience.
Republic Services promotes a drug-free and alcohol-free workplace and conducts pre-employment drug testing.
Going Green for the Environment.
Republic Services - 30+ days ago
Republic Services, Inc. is a provider of services in the domestic non-hazardous solid waste industry. Its operations primarily consist of th...