If you are a self-motivated professional, who is results driven, then Roadrunner is the opportunity you've been looking for. Roadrunner Transportation Services, Inc. is expanding its staff and is looking for the best in the industry to join its ranks.
Night TimeOperations Supervisor - Cleveland, OH
Start time is 4:00 pm
Purpose: The Operations Supervisor is responsible for dock operations and off hours Customer Service.
Responsibilities include the following and are not limited to:
Receives very general guidance with respect to overall objectives; work is usually quite independent of others; operates within division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
- Supervise and coordinate dock operations and personnel including load planning, dock staffing and production, local and line haul deliveries, equipment and contractor utilization, OS&D procedures, sales, rating, billing, customer service, employee payroll and office operations..
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Assist in terminal and employee safety issues and compliance with governmental regulations.
- Assist local and line haul contractors with coordinating the following: loading and unloading, equipment lease agreement, DOT qualifications and requirements, manifest approval and settlements, deliveries and operation procedures.
- Ensure load quality, timely computer dat a entry and paperwork procedures are followed, terminal and freight security and proper freight routing.
- Review daily terminal operating cost to manage terminal profitability and budgeted cost attainment.
- Provide supervision to staff through motivation, direction, review of and feedback on performance.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge.
- Trace and updates freight information and paperwork.
- Assist with various positions and forklift operations in the absence of employees.
Qualifications and Requirements: The qualifications and requirements listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily . Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employers of organization.
- Education/Experience Skills Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or three to five years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Relies on written and verbal communication.
o Communicates internally with all corporate office staff, and externally with terminals, linehaul contractors, law enforcement and customers.
o Proficient personal computer skills including , Microsoft office programs (word, excel, powerpoint ), electronic mail, record keeping, routine database activity, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
- Technical Experience: Specific industry or position skills.
o Preferred knowledge of AS/400.
o Hazardous Materials Handing Certified.
- Managerial Experience: Experience supervising the selection, training, development and appraisal of personnel.
- Office Skills: Average typing, filing and ten key skills.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Specific Skills:
o Forklift certified.
o Prioritize tasks.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
o Handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
o Prioritize, organize and delegate assignments.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
o Heavy physical activity performing strenuous daily activities of a primarily productive/technical nature.
o While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, climb, balance, reach/handle items, work with fingers, have color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and talk and hear others in conversations via the phone or in person. The employee is occasionally subjected to odors from the dock area and lifts objects up to 100 lb.
o The noise level is loud based on multiple printers and forklifts running outside of the door.
o Work in outdoors and indoors shop environment with adequate ventilation.
o Might be required to occasionally work in wet or humid conditions (non-weather), near fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, vibrations and outdoor weather conditions.
Roadrunner provides a comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance package, matching 401K program, along with the opportunity to work in an environment that values employees and customers at each point of contact.
Equal Opportunity Employer
For more information about Roadrunner Transportation, check us out at: www.rrts.com
Please send resume thru Monster
Office Located at: 89 Cuyahoga Falls Industrial Parkway, Cuyahoga Falls, OH 44264
1(800)537 - 1154
Monster - 18 months ago