POSITION: Operations Supervisor
REPORTS TO: Director of Operations
FLSA STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an immediate opening for a regular full time Operations Supervisor at the Albuquerque Convention Center. The Operations Supervisor will supervise and coordinate the activities of workers engaged in the Housekeeping and Set Up of the facility as required by an event.
- Directs workers engaged in the general cleaning and up keep of buildings, including buffing, dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and washing windows, as well as clean-up during and after events.
- Ensures that all job assignments are completed during events or shifts.
- Sets-up venues, as written orders and equipment requirements direct.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to standards.
- Submits maintenance request orders for repairs and damages.
- Requisitions tools, equipment, and supplies.
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Keeps equipment in good working order while following safety procedures.
- Ensures proper use of all chemicals by Housekeeping staff in accordance with
- Enforces employee dress code and grooming standards.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Maintains time and production records.
- Performs other assigned duties as required.
- Confers with other supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Performs activities of workers supervised as needed.
- Manages part time employees in the Maintenance Staff Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 1-2 years of custodial or housekeeping experience required.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have some computer experience.
- Good organization skills.
- Good oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Ability to work irregular/extended hours, including night and weekend duties is required.
Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Elaiza Valencia, Human Resources Designee
SMG managed Albuquerque Convention Center
401 2nd Street NW, Albuquerque, NM 87102
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
SMG World - 19 months ago