ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the safe, reliable, and cost effective operation of crude oil and natural gas pipeline system operations, pump stations, compressors and all related equipment, and supervision of multiple operating personnel.
- Position may be filled in Guernsey, WY at Management’s discretion.
- Manage all PHMSA and regulatory requirements, and be prepared to assist during any inspections or audits for the area of responsibility.
- Monitor and implement company procedures, standards, and best practices.
- Responsible for safety program, environmental compliance, governmental compliance, employee training and development, facility security and all personnel functions.
- Ensure that all requirements on the Operator Qualification (OQ) Program are met for both contract and company employees.
- Provide leadership and oversee the planning and direction of activities at multiple locations within the area.
- Manage, plan and forecast the Capital and O&M Budgets for the area of responsibility.
- Participate in the development of O&M procedures, site specific procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Identify, report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of equipment, instrumentation, pumps, vessels, pipelines, compressors, auxiliary equipment, engines, turbines, motors, cooling equipment, valves, seals, and other related equipment.
- Oversee construction and/or maintenance activities performed by internal personnel or third parties.
- Responsible for cash flow management, cost monitoring and control.
- Assist with AFE project preparation, scheduling, monitoring projects costs, and project completion.
- Conduct performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Develop short- and long-range plans, goals and objectives for compressor and pipeline operations.
- Provide support to project management and business development, as needed.
- Organize work for timely completion.
- Complete all applicable documentation and recordkeeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism including but not limited to other employees, all levels of management, vendors and customers.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills, and listen carefully.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance, and high level of job performance.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
- The supervisor will respond to emergency situations at any hour of the day or night. This includes and may not be limited to being in possession of required equipment and tools, designated forms, policies, regulations, and manuals.
- Carry a cell phone and respond during working hours, and non-working hours as required (e.g., willing and able to support projects emergencies, etc. over extended days and hours when necessary).
- May be required to work non-traditional hours.
- Will require some out-of-town nights and weekend travel, as needed.
- Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
- Bachelors or Associates Degree along with significant experience in crude oil/gas pipeline systems operations; multiple years of significant experience in crude oil pipeline systems operations, with preference to prior supervisory responsibilities, will also be considered as a substitute of a Degree.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
- Minimum five (5) years’ working experience with mechanical and pipeline systems.
- Employee supervisory and asset management skills.
- Knowledge and experience in operation of pipeline, measurement, pump stations, compression and all related equipment.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of crude oil, flammable gases, liquids, and high and low pressure systems.
- Intermediate proficiency level in MS Office applications that may include but are not limited to Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook, and other software applications.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Good math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
- Good computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operating systems, and other company software).
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage crews at multiple locations and multiple tasks on a daily basis.
- Solid communication (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead towards operational excellence.
- Strong customer focus in dealing with engineering, field operations, and other internal and external groups.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, document, and complete work with a minimum of supervision.
- Must be comfortable working with remote pipeline systems and personnel.
- Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work.
All of the physical requirements listed below are those that may be necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sitting; standing; walking or moving throughout facility; driving; talking; seeing (specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus); hearing; feeling; bending or stooping; squatting or crouching; reaching; kneeling; pushing; pulling; lifting up to 25 lbs.
- Minimal safety hazards; general office working conditions.
- Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- The employee is regularly required to use hands to type, touch, handle, or feel. The employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions and travel significant distances by vehicle.
- Required to carry a cell phone, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report for certain positions, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
- Position may be filled in Guernsey, WY at Management’s discretion.
- Living environs may be negotiable and will be relevant to the work location.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position):
- Yes, (responsibility for +/- 12 operations personnel).
- Along with other members of management and Human Resources, recruit and hire competent operations personnel to operate the assigned pipeline systems.
- 10+ years’ experience in crude oil pipeline system operations including supervisory experience.
- Engineering degree in associated field.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP - 6 months ago