pipelines along the REX West Pipeline System, Trailblazer Pipeline System, and KMIGT Pipeline
- Responsible for the safe, reliable, and cost effective operation of natural gas compression and
System in West Central Nebraska. Facilities include two centrifugal compressor stations and one
electric compressor station with a total of 33800 horsepower. There are approximately 530 miles of
pipeline, ranging in size from 2" to 42" in the operating area. There are numerous measurement
stations. There are multiple direct reports.
discretion it can be located anywhere within the Great Plains regional offices, such as: Kearney,
- The Supervisor's preferred office reporting location is Wellfleet, NE however, at manager's
LeXington, and Holdrege, NE to name a few.
training and development, facility security and personnel functions.
- Manage all PHMSA and regulatory requirements, and be prepared to assist during any inspections
- or audits for the area of responsibility.
- Monitor and implement company procedures, standards, and best practices.
- Responsible for safety program, environmental compliance, governmental compliance, employee
- Ensure that all requirements on the Operator Qualification (OQ) Program are met for both
- contract and company employees.
- Provide leadership and oversee the planning and direction of activities at multiple locations Within
- the area.
- Manage, plan and forecast the Capital and O&M Budgets for the area of responsibility.
- Participate in the development of O&M procedures, site specific procedures, project scopes and
seals, and other related equipment.
- Identify, report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of equipment, instrumentation, pumps, vessels,
- pipelines, compressors, auxiliary equipment, engines, turbines, motors, cooling equipment, valves,
- Oversee construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
- Responsible for cash flow management, cost monitoring and control.
- Assist with AFE project preparation, scheduling, monitoring projects costs, and project completion.
- Conduct performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Develop short- and long-range plans, goals and objectives for compressor and pipeline operations.
- Provide support to project management and business development, as needed.
- Organize work for timely completion.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company
to other employees, all levels of management, vendors and customers.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism including but not limited
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills, and listen
and may not be limited to being in possession of required equipment and tools, designated forms,
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance, and high level of job performance.
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the
- general public.
- The supervisor will respond to emergency situations at any hour of the day or night. This includes
policies, regulations, and manuals.
hours, and non-working hours as required (e.g., willing and able to support projects 24 hours per
- Carry a company-provided communication device (cell phone/pager) and respond during working
day in case of emergencies).
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- May be required to work non-traditional hours .
- Will require some out-of-town nights and weekend travel, as needed .
- Other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Minimum five (5) years working experience with mechanical and pipeline systems.
- Employee supervisory and asset management skills .
- Knowledge and experience in operation of pipeline, measurement and compressor station
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids, and high and low
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
and its insurers.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license and a driving record satisfactory to the company
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Good computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operating systems, and other company
a daily basis.
- Good math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage crews at multiple locations and multiple tasks on
- Solid.commu•nication (verbal and written), and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead towards operational excellence .
- Strong customer focus in dealing with engineering, field operations, and other internal and
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, document, and complete work with a minimum of
- Must be comfortable working with remote supervision.
Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP - 2 years ago