UPS Supply Chain Solutions is currently seeking a Healthcare Distribution Supervisor that impacts the organization by supervising many of the daily activities for an account, department and/or shift by ensuring inventory accuracy, adherence to quality standards, and effective staff management. Manages quality and operational efficiency and ensures work completion in an operational area. This position will be domiciled in Duluth, Georgia. Responsibilities and duties include but not limited to the following.
- Requisition #: 232740182
- Job Category: Warehouse Management
- Operation: Endo
- Job Group: FT Supervisor
- Job Grade: 20B
- Job Code: 9819
- Relocation Assist Available: No
- Location: HARRISBURG, PA 17112 - Harrisburg
Supervises and develops others:
Contributes to Customer Satisfaction:
- Determines employees' training needs to produce continuous development plans.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Resolves individual and group performance issues in accordance with UPS's policies and procedures in a timely manner to motivate and foster teamwork.
- Conducts performance evaluations in a consistent, fair, and objective manner to encourage continuous performance improvement.
Delivers Performance and System Reporting:
- Manages workload by delegating, prioritizing and researching to ensure customer deadlines and contract requirements are fulfilled.
- Provides solutions and implements to resolve customer concerns or inquiries.
- Participates in meetings and reviews to provide execution of productivity and performance.
- Leverages knowledge of customers' business to identify new business development opportunities for UPS Supply Chain Solutions.
Experience, Education and Skills:
- Conducts daily performance tracking to monitor compliance status and provide feedback to management and floor level employees.
- Monitors validity of distribution operations reports to ensure customer satisfaction and overall efficiency.
- Completes corrective action plans to address deficient areas identified from either service or performance reports.
- Acts as primary contact for resolution of system issues to monitor system performance and ensure proper system maintenance.
- Researches inventory discrepancies to identify root causes and develop process improvements.
- Listen and evaluates ideas to improve systems, productivity and inventory accuracy.
- Associates Degree in Business, Logistics/Distribution or related field or equivalent experience. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years proven supervisory experience - preferably in a healthcare distribution center, or warehouse environment. 3 to 5 years experience is preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and changing priorities concurrently.
- Proven ability to work with practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Complete knowledge of Warehouse Management System and proven ability to work with numbers and spreadsheets.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Office.
- Ability to interact with people holding different positions as well as different responsibilities.
Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
UPS - 12 months ago
As a global leader in package delivery and supply chain solutions, UPS is passionate about innovating new ways to make business work better,...