Operations Support Associate
Operations Support Associate (Customer Service/Will Call) - 1st Shift
Specialized skill distribution role. Individual may work in any of a variety of distribution roles. Some may include, but are not limited to: Customer Service, Will Call Desk, Quality Check or Inventory Control.
• Print and distribute operational reports; Manage the release of orders and distribute printed orders as appropriate; Sort orders by established criteria; Provide local network administrative support; Process order cancellations and bin checks as needed.
• Verify location, item, quantity and unit of measure matches report; Annotate report and resolve discrepancies; Make system adjustments as necessary; Remove and transport damaged product from active Pick or Storage locations.
• Obtain carton to inspect; Empty carton of contents; Verify item and quantity against customer order; Note, resolve and communicate all discrepancies; Process completed order as appropriate.
• Identify items to be added or moved through analysis of available reports; Identify appropriate locations through analysis or available reports; Identify the selling unit of measure, dimensions and weight of the items to be added or moved; Determine the appropriate slotting method of zone; Assign a location or zone in the system; Prepare the location and move product to the assigned location as needed.
• Using available reports, research locations and items in question; Validate and count all questionable locations and items; Move product to correct locations as needed; Make system adjustments as necessary.
• Understand and demonstrate United Stationers Core Values
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to perform all required tasks in the functions within the scope of Operations Support 1.
• Perform accountabilities and tasks of the function within established productivity requirements.
• Perform required tasks of function in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures, rules or established processes.
• Perform accountabilities and tasks of the function within established quality guidelines and expectations.
• Run required equipment in a safe and controlled manner.
• Utilize appropriate technology in an effective manner in performance of the function, i.e., computer, scanner, required software, etc.
• Obtain tools and materials required to perform the role.
• Perform all tasks in a safe manner, following all safety rules and guidelines.
• Maintain a clean and organized work area and assist with housekeeping of the facility/work area.
• Assist and/or help out in other Operations Support 1 functions as required.
• Must be able to understand simple directions in English. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English
• Basic Math
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
• Minimum one year United Stationers Warehouse/Distribution-related experience required or 1 year inventory experience required, depending on facility need.
Don't think that United Stationers is just another paper pusher. The company is a leading wholesale distributor of office supplies and...