The Operations Support Supervisor is based in San Antonio, TX and reports to the Operations Manager. The primary responsibility of this position is to support the production supervisors and associated field operations by driving performance on data management and business compliance activities across Marathon’s Eagle Ford operations.
This role is responsible for guiding the local team and building strong working relationships with other Eagle Ford business groups. The Operations Support Supervisor ensures compliance with all applicable measurement and production reporting regulations and policies, and optimizes production through improved SCADA utilization, communications, and application of I&E technology. Specific responsibilities include the development and implementation of measurement and production reporting controls as well as the generation of the daily net production, weekly net run and operations reports. Additionally, this position serves a critical function as liaison to MOC marketing personnel regarding all EF operational issues. Direct reports include Tow admin (both San Antonio and field-based), field-based measurement technicians and the compliance coordinator. The position requires good communication skills and teamwork.
The successful candidate will have strong planning skills and HES awareness to continue our journey to zero accidents and support Marathon’s reputation as a safe, clean, and compliant operator.
Maintain good working relationships to help ensure that Marathon lives its values with key stakeholders, including contract companies, regulatory agencies and members of the public.
- Continue to drive the Safety Culture and ensure safe and environmentally responsible work practices by clearly communicating and living HES values, ensuring timely completion of and participating in field audits and inspections.
- Proactively participate and lead in the Company BBS, GPS assessments and auditing programs, and ensure timely investigation and effective corrective actions are implemented on incidents/near misses to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure that all Company and contract employees remain in compliance with safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Lead, supervise, and provide direction for all employees and contractors engaged in production reporting, automation, SCADA, and measurement activities working within the area of responsibility.
- Manage contractor usage to achieve safe and cost-effective operations to meet our corporate goals.
- Ensure that the SCADA feed into TOW is accurate and that the well and network setups in the systems match the physical setup in the field.
- Ensure operating and regulatory compliance procedures are followed (and lead development of new procedures as required) by Company and contract personnel in order to maximize the value and efficiency of existing operation.
- Work closely with production supervisors, engineers and field operators. Participate in periodic detailed production review meetings with operating personnel.
- Positively interact with office and field personnel in a manner that creates an atmosphere of creativity, cooperation, and attention to the safety of all personnel, the environment and company assets.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent. Engineering degree is preferred.
Experience: Supervisor experience in oil & gas production operations and field optimization preferred. Experience in production data software (TOW, OFM, etc.), measurement, SCADA, I&E, and communications in relation to well operations (gas lift, plunger lift, pumping units) are a plus.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office products, KMS (Management of Change system), SAP PM, TOW, eVIN, Wonderware, SAP.
Other Skills: Must possess excellent communication, teamwork, planning, and organizing skills.
Apply for this job:
- Apply for this job online
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
- Email this opportunity to a friend
Marathon Oil - 23 months ago
Based in Houston, Texas, Marathon Oil is an independent exploration and production (E&P) with activity in North America, Europe and...