The Operations Systems Administrator is responsible for the daily support of system applications that are utilized by the U.S. Tower Operations team, which includes more than 400 internal and more than 6,000 external users throughout the United States and Canada.
The incumbent will serve as the primary system administrator and application configuration expert for one or more of the following systems and secondary support of the remaining systems, as needed:
Mobile Workforce Management (ETAdirect), On Air Access (OAA), Online Application (OLA), and ONTrack (the Operations Project Management tool).
The incumbent will work closely with functional teams and leaders to develop and maintain the operational infrastructure supporting the U.S. Tower Operations teams, including goal setting and tracking, troubleshooting issues, and coordinating with the Operations Processes Supervisor for systems-related processes and procedures.
The incumbent provides first-level assistance for troubleshooting, resolution of issues, and serves as the point of escalation for trouble tickets to the technical and production support teams within IT for Operations focus systems.
The Operations Systems Administrator must employ exceptional customer service, technical proficiency, sense of urgency and effectively resolve issues with a focus on following through with resolution to users.
- Train new members of the U.S. Tower Operations team on ONTrack, ETAdirect, OLA, or OAA which includes user training, product enhancement training, and refresher training
- Operate as primary system administrator and application configuration expert for ONTrack, ETAdirect, OLA, and/or OAA, including maintaining user roles, security, profiles, data structures and workflow rules
- Lead projects in support of planned system initiatives to customize and enhance ONTrack, ETAdirect, OLA, and/or OAA
- Troubleshoot data or transactional issues as needed to support ONTrack, ETAdirect, OLA, and/or OAA
- Work to resolve functional and technical issues related to ONTrack, ETAdirect, OLA, and/or OAA
- Monitor key system interfaces for data quality and integrity
- Identify and promote best practice for initiatives related to supported tools
- Responsible for system configuration, set up, maintenance and processing end user change requests.
- Research, resolve and respond in a timely manner to end user questions received via phone and email, in accordance with standards.
- Review and escalate system problems to appropriate IT staff member based on established guidelines and procedures.
- Provide technical and statistical proficiency in responding to specialized requests requiring sophisticated data analyses and data management experience.
- Serve as liaison between end user, which includes internal and external customers, and internal technical support and provide consulting support on process and system issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of information technologies and methodologies
- Ability to use customer service standards and follow guidelines and ability to recognize customers’ competence levels and approach each level appropriately
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to resolve problems efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work with functional groups and different level of employees to effectively and professionally achieve business results
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs as needed
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and suggestions clearly and effectively (technical and non-technical)
- Strong organizational skills; ability to accomplish multiple tasks within the agreed upon timeframes through effective prioritization of duties and functions in a fast paced environment
- Strong track record of building and maintaining solid relationships with both internal and external customers and vendors.
- Self-motivated, able to work both independently to complete tasks and respond to department requests and to collaborate with others to utilize resources and knowledge in identifying high quality solutions
- Four-year college degree required
- One to three years of customer service experience required
- Experience with a mobile workforce management or an online customer portal is preferred
100% performed in climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
15% travel will be required in support of this positions responsibility.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk, and hear.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to stoop, kneel and crouch, and lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 25 pounds.
We are a dynamic organization in a rapidly changing industry.
Accordingly, the responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs.
More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The intent of this Job Description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a full listing of all duties and responsibilities.
Employees may be requested to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description.
The incumbent must be flexible as there may be workweeks that require more than 40 hours to ensure the positions expectations and responsibilities are met.
American Tower (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. The Company is committed to a policy of equal employment and will not discriminate against an applicant or associate based on his or her age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, color, creed, religion, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, physical or mental disability, handicap, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy or any other category protected under federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance.
In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process can contact us at (617) 587-7911 for assistance.
American Tower - 11 months ago
American Tower, an S&P 500 and a Forbes Global 2000 company, is a leading independent owner, operator and developer of wireless...