***Previous demonstrated experience with secondary packaging scheduling software like Nulogy Pack Manager, Red Prairie and SAP is highly desired.*** This role can be based in Westerville or one of our multi-site campus locations is preferred.
The Operations System Manager role will support the implementation and solution design of our integrated software platform for secondary copacking. Systems involved within the integration include Nulogy PackManager, Red Prairie or other warehouse management systems, and SAP. The selected candidate will directly support multiple locations and multiple customers, working closely with IT (internal, customer, and vendor) and site operations. Primary responsibilities will include areas such as workflow design, implementation of process best practice, review and introduction of software upgrades, standardized reporting (internal and customer), training, and ROI benchmarking. Relative experience preferred includes copacking operations management or planning, Nulogy or other copacking systems, Red Prairie or other WMS, and SAP. Selected candidate will be required to travel 40 – 60%% based on home location.
Detailed Job Description
- Manages systems integrity for assigned area of responsibility (multi-site, account, networks, etc.). Configures setup for assigned site(s). Serves as primary technical support for site database operations, such as Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), Freight Management Systems (FMS), Labor Management Systems (LMS), etc. Ensures operational systems integrity, including setup and control processes. Maintains “super user” status to facilitate systems proficiency.
- Partners with Operations staff to review operating procedures and maximize system efficiencies, using system data to create operational plans. Provides regular communication regarding operational issues, process flows, customer requirements, account specific issues, etc. Includes analysis, insight, and recommendations. Troubleshoots systemic issues and provides recommendations to resolve deficiencies. Develops and proposes enhancements designed to achieve increased service performance or decreased operating expenses. Ensures Service Level Agreement (SLA) is administered & enforced.
- Manages partnership with both customer and internal information technology to resolve technical issues within assigned area of responsibility. Ensures issues are identified, addressed, and resolved in a timely manner. Defines requirements for layout and design of site databases. Investigates and recommends new technologies and information systems appropriate for use within assigned area. May work with system providers to obtain costs and develops business cases for system enhancements. Serves as project manager for systems implementations.
- Manages the production of performance indicators to monitor contractual Key Performance Indictors and operating measurements on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Designs, develops, and implements spreadsheets, databases, and other tools to provide ongoing analysis of operational activities (e.g., storage capacities, inventory, freight flow, transportation solutions, etc.). Identifies areas for improving service levels, reducing costs, and providing operational enhancements.
- Develops standard operating procedures related to systems usage and associated training. Trains site staff on the use of systems and tools to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures and improve productivity. Supports start-ups and ongoing activities. Conducts ongoing audits.
- Coordinates interfaces with Customer to analyze inventory variance and adjustments. Interfaces with customers to identify and resolve systems issues and maximize productivity.
- Conducts feasibility analyses on processes and equipment; calculates cost/benefit and business impact and proposes solutions. Investigates and recommends new technologies and information systems. Develops and presents business cases to Customer and Company Leadership teams.
- Maintains responsibility for Inventory Control and management.
- Typically supports other site technology in assigned area, including servers, backup systems, phone systems, PCs/hardware, network devices (wiring and switches), and network connectivity. Handles troubleshooting and related maintenance contracts.
- May serve as backup Operations Manager as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in business Administration, Information Technology, or related field.
- Undergraduate degree in business administration, information technology, transportation, logistics, or related field.
- Five to seven (5-7) years of experience in supply chain, distribution, or related field.
- Some experience leading systems implementations and managing projects.
- Excellent technical, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software. May need skills in particular site-specific or customer-specific technology and/or site reporting tools (e.g., Oracle, MYSQL, SQL Servers, web development languages, WMS, FMS, etc.
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets and other data-mining tools.
- Considerable knowledge of logistics and/or transportation operations and related systems to identify areas for improvement.
- Ability to lead and direct work of others.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions, operational needs, and customer requirements.
- Ability to use solution-development site tools.
- Ability to work in self-directed manner with minimal supervision.
Exel - 24 months ago
Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites...