Primary support position to the General Manager or Director of Operations, integrally involved in the operational logic plan for each site to fully utilize the systems, and responsible for the efficient use of the entire system by all users within a network and responsible for maintaining systems.
Detailed Job Description
- Operational system integrity responsibility, including setup and control. “
- Super” User status designed to facilitate all sites WMS proficiency.
- Layout and design responsibility to efficiently utilize WMS.
- Project development and implementation.
- Inventory Management control and responsibility.
- Interfaces with operations staffs to maximize systems efficiencies.
- Acts as fill in supervisor as directed.
- Designs, develops, implements, and monitors sites performance systemically.
- Analysis of systems discrepancies; generation of reports as necessary.
- Design and write crystal programs as required to facilitate the success of the total network.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft programs, Word, Excel, Access, WMS.
- Work with WMS and system provides to obtain cost for system enhancements, then lead implementation team once approved.
- Interfaces with customer host representative to identify and resolve issues systemically.
- Interfaces with EXEL support to minimize systemic expenses associated to training issues.
- Interfaces with Software provider as directed.
- Work as self directed.
- Problem solving abilities related to system and operational issues.
- Maintain priority scheduling.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and operational needs.
- Support Servers, backup systems and handles troubleshooting/maintenance contracts.
- Install, design, manage phone systems.
- Serves as Domain Admin.
- PC Support for software install/configuration, hardware support.
- Network Supervisor – Resolve network connectivity issues. Serves as Point of Contact for Provider (SBC) and troubleshoots. Supports network devices such as switches, wiring.
- Associate’s degree required (technical or systems focus preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred (systems, business, logistics or related discipline)
- Strong technical skills and systems knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), in addition to MS Access and MS Excel.
- 2-4 years of experience with systems preferably within a distribution / warehouse operation.
- Superior organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple priorities effectively, and to establish and manage own work schedule / weekly activity
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical ability, including the capacity to assess project requirements and develop effective plans to meet requirements
- Ability to develop and maintain effective business relationships with internal and external customers, support groups, and carriers.
- Experience in project management discipline desirable
Exel - 23 months ago
Exel is the leading contract logistics provider in the Americas thanks to the hard work of 40,000 associates at more than 500 sites...