Working in the Operations Team, the Operations Team Intern provides day-to-day support for the Operations Department. The Operations Department consists of the Director of Rehab Services, Regional Managers, Nurse Manager, Assistant Nurse Manager and Patient Centered Medical Home. The Operations Intern is an integral part of this structure and essential to our success. This position will report to the Director of Rehab Services.
Operations Intern will:
o Attend Operational and other HMG assigned meetings.
- Performs duties as assigned by the HMG Operations Team to include the following:
o Record minutes if requested.
o Disseminate Report of minutes to all parties.
o Generate other reports as requested.
o Power point presentations as requested.
- Will prepare meeting information/documents on request from OPS Team that may include:
o Research the data as requested working with IT and Decision Support as needed.
o Generate graphs, tables, spreadsheets, as requested.
o May be asked to report on the information at a meeting as needed
Intern qualifications include:
- Provide input and assistance to the Nursing Program at HMG if requested
- Provide input and assistance to the Rehab Department at HMG if requested
- Develop or actively work on Operations projects in a team setting
- Provide input and assistance to the Region’s Managers in the Front Offices and elsewhere at HMG if requested.
- Provide assistance in all pertinent projects that are currently ongoing at HMG. (ie: Extensivist, PAFs/AWVs, Eastman, PCMH, Access Psyche, Spirometry, DORE, and the ACO, etc.)
- In the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Positive attitude and interest in assisting staff members, and those outside the organization
- Ability to work both independently and with other staff members
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidential information
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Power Point)
- Intern will work one-on-one with Operations Team members
- Intern will have the opportunity to interact with HMG Executive Team and Board Members
- Intern will gain knowledge of HMG Operations structure and function
- Intern will learn how a Multi-Physician practice functions
- Intern will often work with many of the departments that comprise HMG
- Intern will gain knowledge of scheduling and meeting planning
- THIS IS A NON PAID INTERNSHIP
- NO PHONE CALLS, PLEASE
Holston Medical Group - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
At Wellmont Health System, wellness is paramount. Wellmont Health System provides general and advanced medical-surgical care to residents of...